Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player from 3 years ago, iso advice

Smilingbear420
Smilingbear420
Soul Shriven
So i used to play the game about three years ago on EP, and so i decided to give the game another try and made an AD high elf sorc. I am a little confused ,however, by the seyda need area. Is this the starting area for all factions now? Should i do the quests i can here before i leave? And also, how would i got about starting the AD storyline?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seyda Neen is the new starting area for all accounts with Morrowind.

Once Summerset comes, we'll have a new starting area.

You don't have to do the Seyda Neen quests unless you want to start Morrowind.

If you want to want to start your AD alliance quests, go to the wayshrine nearby and port to Vulkhel Guard. Near that wayshrine, you'll be,met by the Hooded Figure. Take her quest which will start the old Coldharbor intro quest and will put you on Khenarthi's Roost to start the Dominion quests.
  • Smilingbear420
    Smilingbear420
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much!
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    For Summerset, if I can start there, I may start a new character. Would that be viable? Or would it be best to use one of my level 50-+ characters? Will a new character in Summerset still have to do the main quest line then? There is still so much unknown about how best to play Summerset.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Summerset, if I can start there, I may start a new character. Would that be viable? Or would it be best to use one of my level 50-+ characters? Will a new character in Summerset still have to do the main quest line then? There is still so much unknown about how best to play Summerset.

Summerset is going to work the same way as Morrowind did.

New characters will go through the Summerset intro/tutorial (which has a skill point similar to the Morrowind tutorial), then start in Summerset. If you want to, you can start questing through Summerset or you can travel to your starter city to pick up the Main Quest from the Hooded Figure.

So it really doesn't make a difference for existing characters. I have several who will do Summerset after having played through Morrowind and Clockwork City, which is the chronological progression of this Daedric Wars plotline. For new characters, ZOS says Summerset can be standalone, so it should make sense without having played Morrowind and Clockwork City first.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Thanks.