The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What furniture can I use in order to make big walls ?

Sotha_Sil
Sotha_Sil
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there,

I am looking for ideas in order to have the biggest walls possible with the least minimum items. Anyone has some ideas ?
Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming with Summerset will be some large Walls and floors and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8nC8crsLE
    Edited by Nestor on April 28, 2018 10:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about the planks with holes sold at regular furniture vendors? Also the orcish or daedric platforms.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What color walls?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flat side of the Granite rocks from East March’s Home Goods vendor for gray.
    Flat side of the Coldharbour Shard from Hollow City Home Goods vendor for jet black.
  • imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭
    Bolted paintings for a rough, dark wood look. Most of them cover a good amount of space.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The backs of most bookcases have nice finishes.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the best items to make a wall out of:

-boulder, coldharbor fan. 5k each, use flat side.
    -granite boulder, flat. In Fort Amol, Eastmarch. They are 1000g ea and are flat/thin
    -Orsinium relief wall, malacath (luxury furniture item). Rare to find.
    -backs of bookcases, Bolted style paintings, orc platforms, etc.

The orsinium relief walls are awarding, I wish I had more!
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on what type of wall you want. Do you want a wall you are going to see from both sides or will one side be hidden?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still havnt answered what color you prefer, I find statue base, square to be the best for grey stone brick walls
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    still havnt answered what color you prefer, I find statue base, square to be the best for grey stone brick walls

I like the statue base, square as well. Used it to make an arena.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I like the statue base, square as well. Used it to make an arena.

I've used it to fill in the upper story of House of the Silent Magnifico to make the upstairs actually useful as a room. The problem with many of these items is that they are not big enough and swiftly eat up our already paltry item count. The new fences with Summerset, while better, still require stacking 2 high. And nothing REALLY goes with any of the existing houses though the Daedric platforms look nice in Dunmer houses. Otjerwise you have a lot of mismatching going on which is annoying all on its own.

This new bookcase coming with Summerset is the best "wall" I've seen yet but still will look out of place in most places.

glHoAQG.png
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is, i believe its clockwork, a large metal pice that can make decent walls.