Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question: What can Templars gain from the Restoration Staff skill line?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Resto Staff Abilities are all about healing, but that's something Templars can already do very well on their own. I was just wondering what skills from the Resto skill line would be most useful to a Templar.

I expect that the Passives would be of some use, but if there's one in particular that sticks out, mention that as well. I've barely touched Resto staff so I need all the advice I can get.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Springs, Combat Prayer are a must for group content IMHO.

Also, one of the passives gives you Major Mending after using a heavy attack, and also an increase of resources recovered from heavy attack.

As for PvP, Mutagen/Regeneration and Healing Ward are uselful too... the Syphon skills are less useful for a Templar, if you're using Restoring Aura, or if you're using a Destro staff on the other bar and using the Elemental Drain ability. And also, the ultimate is pretty powerful too.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 4-man content and PvP, Mutagen is handy. For all PvE group content (4-man and trials), you want Combat Prayer to give your group the Minor armor buff and Minor Berserk. For trials, you want Healing Springs.

Otherwise, there isn't much worth using. (Maybe Healing Ward in Maelstrom if you back-bar a Resto.)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fair question. I find Healing Springs as a moderate burst heal is cheap, targetable and has a nice AoE to hit several allies. I also want to keep my allies under multiple heals over time (HoT). Mutagen/Rapid Regen is very effective for this with smaller groups - in some ways better than the other HoTs I also use (Extended Ritual and Purifying Light). Lastly, many folks love Combat Prayer - and I understand why as it does a lot (albeit only for a very small duration). That said, I don't slot it since I find the times my allies are 'properly' stacked in front of me go out the window as soon as the boss(es) start throwing serious red all over the ground. I simply find the positional restrictions and short duration quite diminish its utility or 'up time' in practice. Your mileage may vary of course.

TLDR: I really want Healing Springs and Rapid/Mutagen on my healplar.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 5, 2018 2:29AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a templar healer and I still mostly use the skills from the resto staff line. It's really nice to be able to supplement them with templar skills too, though. I'm using the same resto skills that other people have already mentioned.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Resto Staff Abilities are all about healing, but that's something Templars can already do very well on their own. I was just wondering what skills from the Resto skill line would be most useful to a Templar.

I expect that the Passives would be of some use, but if there's one in particular that sticks out, mention that as well. I've barely touched Resto staff so I need all the advice I can get.

There's no substitute for healing springs, especially when doing vet trials.

Combat Prayer buffs DPS.

Mutagen is good for getting some extra AP in PvP.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i only use honor the dead on my resto bar, back bar extended ritual. only 2 skills from the "healing skill line" the templar has that are worth a crap right now. may with swap out honor the dead with ritual of rebirth next patch.

to the op, the real question is what does a temp have that the resto staff doesnt? hint, it is not the healing skill line that is why they are the top dogs when it comes to healing.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 5, 2018 3:14AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, springs, combat prayer, passoves, major mending.

To be honest I prefer healing on my Sorc than Templar because those skills are the vital ones for bread and butter healing
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does a Templar bring? While we do have a solid class burst heal, so does the sorc. While we do have a class purge (Ext Ritual) it requires synergy activation (unlike the alliance skill purge). What I value most on my healplar is shards since I find it better to use than orbs. I also run a DK tank who prefers shards to orbs as a user.

Though I run a templar healer, I'm delighted to see other classes healing. Of the other classes, I am most familiar with sorc healers and I think they are very viable. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo