The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Custom Bound Armor Addon(?)

Judas Helviaryn
Judas Helviaryn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
First off, I'm not even sure if I'm in the right forum, but I suppose we'll find out eventually. I was in Riften, watching the roleplayers do their thing, when something crossed my mind.

We now have outfits. Outfits that can be toggled on or off at will, presumably confirmed both in and out of combat. I tend to be a bit of a roleplayer myself, though I've been pretty quiet about that lately. What I'm wondering is, some of you will remember bound armor and its morphs actually conjuring a suit of pale daedric-style armor upon toggle.

It was ugly. God awful, and I'm glad they got rid of it, and replaced it with the deep indigo particles and glowy bits (that's a technical term).

That being said, would creating an addon to change outfits on bound armor toggle be possible? Would anybody be interested in using an addon like this, swapping from plainclothes to whatever customized armor you'd create, presumably fitting a sorcerer, on demand in combat, either from no outfit to your one free outfit slot, or from one outfit slot to the next?

As an example:
Screenshot_20180325_235334.png
AJudas3.png

Anybody who has the technical know-how behind making addons work, would you consider this difficult to create?

Thank you!

And before anybody else even thinks to try and subvert this thread..
NerfSorc.jpg
Edited by Judas Helviaryn on March 27, 2018 3:10AM
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can PC players change Outfits in combat?
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

I actually just went and tested this. You can change outfits in combat.

EDIT: This is for premade outfits, I should proooobably clarify. PC players cannot create an outfit away from an outfitting station, if that's what you meant.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on March 26, 2018 4:17AM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish I could wear the bound armour all the time as a costume. It's one of the coolest effects on a sorc, but in PvP, apart from a bit of extra magica it's a waste to keep it on both bars. It would be amazing if you could just wear it as a cosmetic on top your armour.

BU5EVH0?r
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, imagine changing to a different outfit in the middle of a pvp fight, that would mess with people.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss my old bound armor as well as inner light eyes glow, awesome idea OP recreate it from outfit.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, imagine changing to a different outfit in the middle of a pvp fight, that would mess with people.
    I miss my old bound armor as well as inner light eyes glow, awesome idea OP recreate it from outfit.

It would definitely be a solid add-on for the more actiony roleplayers. If I knew anything at all about making addons, I'd make it a pet project, at the very least tied to whichever key bound armor is set to.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And before anybody else even thinks to try and subvert this thread..
    NerfSorc.jpg

Also, ner-...

Oh. Carry on then...
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it might be interesting to bind outfit/costume switching to bar-switch or to particular skill/effects
    costumes seem to have some sort of cooldown/animation to them so that might not be practical in battle tho
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    it might be interesting to bind outfit/costume switching to bar-switch or to particular skill/effects
    costumes seem to have some sort of cooldown/animation to them so that might not be practical in battle tho

That's what I've been looking for, but I barely understand LUA, let alone how to pick apart the API. Still trying.

Costumes do have that delay. However, outfits don't seem to. This would include toggling your one free outfit slot on and off, or swapping between two outfit slots.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on March 27, 2018 3:00AM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

I actually just went and tested this. You can change outfits in combat.

EDIT: This is for premade outfits, I should proooobably clarify. PC players cannot create an outfit away from an outfitting station, if that's what you meant.

Also, the outfit station wont update your looks if you are in combat. *** at friends house when a party member startes hitting a dummy whrn I was at the station.
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure an addon to change the appearance of bound armor is either impossible or against the EULA. That said, i'm sure there are some nostalgic sorcs out there that would pay for a bound armor costume should Zos release one.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can think of several outfit swap that could be useful

an auto outfit swap that happen when you go in and go out of combat

an auto outfit swap that happen when a templar gain or lose the Sacred Ground passive buff

an auto outfit swap that happen on weapon bar swap

now the biggest problem for me is that outfit slot beyond the first one costs 1500 crown each lol
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1968-AutoOutfitSwitcher.html

made it.
    you can set one outfit as the base, then set another outfit that automatically show up when you have Minor Resolve active (and automatically switch back if you lose the buff).
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Oh *** lol this is a cool idea.

I haven't looked at the API methods we have available for switching outfits but in theory it should be possible to either hook the Action Bar when a Bound Armor morph is cast or check for the effect applying on the player.

I might poke around with it a bit if I need a break from working on LUI.

Okay, this was too cool of an idea not to make it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcIfFz261i8

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1974-RealBoundArmor.html

EDIT: Also, I totally missed that you already made an addon with this functionality raj72616a. That's what I get for ignoring the last couple posts while I'm cruising over the forums on break at work. I went ahead and tossed up a link in the addon description linking to Auto Outfit Switcher since it looks like it offers quite a few additional options.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on April 18, 2018 2:54AM
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1968-AutoOutfitSwitcher.html

made it.
    you can set one outfit as the base, then set another outfit that automatically show up when you have Minor Resolve active (and automatically switch back if you lose the buff).
    ArtOfShred wrote: »
    Oh *** lol this is a cool idea.

I haven't looked at the API methods we have available for switching outfits but in theory it should be possible to either hook the Action Bar when a Bound Armor morph is cast or check for the effect applying on the player.

I might poke around with it a bit if I need a break from working on LUI.

Okay, this was too cool of an idea not to make it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcIfFz261i8

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1974-RealBoundArmor.html

EDIT: Also, I totally missed that you already made an addon with this functionality raj72616a. That's what I get for ignoring the last couple posts while I'm cruising over the forums on break at work. I went ahead and tossed up a link in the addon description linking to Auto Outfit Switcher since it looks like it offers quite a few additional options.

You guys are awesome! I'm sorry I didn't check this thread for a while, this is perfect.

29-thank-you-meme-1.png

@ArtOfShred @raj72616a
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on May 5, 2018 3:02AM