The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ZOS...nobody wants to do Craglorn quests/dungeons but me. An idea about that...

dan0311
dan0311
✭✭✭
I guess you can now solo the main quest in Craglorn. Yay! I would LOVE to do all the other content, but most is still for groups only. Even if I wanted to play with groups, which I really don't, at this stage of the game I would think it would be almost impossible to find three other people who are in the exact same place in the quests as I am. (Yes, I know you can share quests, but then they wouldn't get to play the first part of the quest if they just join me in progress).

I have been in Craglorn for three hours doing the solo stuff and I have seen four...count 'em...four other players. It is deserted here. What good is having this place if nobody uses it? I have three quests going and I am at a standstill with all of them because they require me to go into a group area or dungeon.

So here is my request: Change everything in Craglorn so it can be soloed. Thank you in advance.

OOOOOOORRRRRRRR....

Okay, here is my real idea...

Or maybe create a special food or potion that only works in Craglorn and quadruples your dps and damage resistance so you can go into these areas and solo them. This would require less work on your part, since you wouldn't have to change anything.

Maybe three different food items...blue, purple, and gold so you can sorta pick your own level of difficulty. Hell, if they weren't too expensive you could probably sell them in the Crown Store, if that's what it takes.

Three years into this game and I am never going to find three other people interested in scheduling and coordinating Craglorn group content. And frankly, I much prefer just questing by myself. How about a little help, here, ZOS? Again, thanks in advance.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan0311 wrote: »
    I would think it would be almost impossible to find three other people who are in the exact same place in the quests as I am. (Yes, I know you can share quests, but then they wouldn't get to play the first part of the quest if they just join me in progress).

Or you could go back and do the previous content with them to help catch them up to you. I did that with a lot of people in my guild.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are on the EU server, it's the middle of the afternoon on a Monday. Of course Craglorn is deserted.

And if you are having trouble solo, just one other player may do the trick.

Aside from that, the first 4 quests in the lower Craglorn chain can be done in any order, so if you find a partner, you can help each other out.

(And if you are having trouble with the part in The Shattered and the Lost where you have to deal with the anomalies, just saying in zone chat that an anomaly is up will usually bring in some people to help)
    The Moot Councillor
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    I get you; I'm a solo player myself (although I'm spec'd as a back-bar healer because I like ninja healing and running the odd PUG). Craglorn was always intended to be a group zone, so I doubt that will ever change.

What will change, though, is your build and CPs. I don't know your setup, but, chances are, you will be able to solo more Craglorn content down the road with upgraded skills, armor, and tactics.

I always hated it when people told me this, but I've always known it's true: It just takes time.
    PC NA
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    I love craglorn quests as well (my favorite is shada's tear). I love the mechanics in craglorn dungeons. Fortunately I can solo most of craglorn so I don't need a group. Or when I ask in guild chat generally a low or two lvl guildie joins me.

Rather than making craglorn solo, they can buff martial, air and fire sets. Or they can introduce new set and they can increase the cost of werewolf set there (seriously cp 140 werewolf set drops there. How?). Or a new motif could be obtainable there.

In short making the rewards of craglorn quests' worth something would increase their popularity.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majority of the quests in craglorn I have done solo, with only a handful that I felt I had to have others to be able to do. It is a very interesting thing of how the quests go about for various things. It is also kind of funny doing a quest solo just for end thing to say that I am grouped up.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you are looking to do questing in craglorn just say in zone chat and maybe someone might join in. I've seen some people ask about it and if still having issues, ask around in other zones as well.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP I wish they would make it all solo. The amount of hours I have spent asking for help in zone chat for anomolies and quests with zero reply... Also having completed the Craglorn story it makes no sense (story wise) that the anomilies and stuff were taken out of the main story and made into side quests.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ask in zone chat. I have done everything in the game "solo" I just ask in zone chat for help with stuff, world bosses or craglorn stuff.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly think Rahni-za and Shada's Tear are cool enough that there should be incentives to do them more than once, but I wouldn't want either to be soloable.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooo

Simple solution

Add back zone queues in the activity finder AND add a new incentive to do group quests or solo quests in a group. Encourage co-op is all that’s needed. Every zone should have both solo and group content that’s repeatable for rewards

Hope they stop balancing stuff for PvE also....
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 30, 2018 10:43PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This probably isn't the best time to judge the popularity of base game zones, given that an awful lot of players are either on the PTS or taking a short break from the game prior to the release of Summerset.

That said, it's certainly been my observation whenever in Craglorn in the past months that most areas are deserted once you step foot away from the guild traders and crafting/writ area.
    Edited by Tandor on April 30, 2018 10:45PM
  • dan0311
    dan0311
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your responses. Some comments and clarification...

I am CP749, use endgame armor and weapons, and have been playing casually since launch. I am on the NA server and usually play at night during peak times.

I can solo Public Dungeons and dolmens, so most PVE content is very do-able for me. However, I am unwilling and/or unable to do the amount of grinding necessary to obtain the kind of armor and skills necessary to solo group content. In that regard, I think I represent a lot of players who just want to PVE all the content in the game they are paying for without it becoming their lives.

I am not driven to complete all the quests and dungeons by rewards. I am a completist, and if ZOS was kind enough to create it, I want to play it. Having to gather and coordinate a group (beg for help) is not what I call fun, and I play this game to have fun. And yes, considering how deserted Craglorn is, most of the time calling for help in zone is pointless.

I like my idea about Craglorn Food that allows you to quadruple your dps and resistance so you can solo the tough stuff. Realistically however I know it will never happen, so I guess I will never see the inside of those dungeons. Sigh.

• shimmys
    shimmys
    @dan0311 Craglorn should be adjusted to the players level cause not everyone can group up and I’m currently stuck there now can’t get past it too weak it’s ridiculous you pay for the game you pay to play online but you’re not able to do the quests
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The content is old and unrewarding. That's probably why no one wants to do it mate.

Personally I loved Craglorn, and it's easy to solo now unlike before.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about everything in Craglorn is soloable these days. Especially if you are at max CP. You don't need perfect gear, you just need decent gear, and chances are that you have at least couple of sets of decent gear by the time you are at max CP.

There are a few troublesome bosses in some of the dungeons, but once you know their mechanics, you can adapt to counter them. You may need to swap some skills in some places, and being able to go for a tankier gear setup or more damage oriented, when needed, will help tremendously. And bring a decent stack of proper potions, not just the generic crud that drops from monsters.

As for mobs, the key is to not let them swarm you. Do not go with the standard OP of aggroing all the mobs you can and burning them with AOE. That wont work in Crag. You need to be methodical and go about it slow. Remember that in those group dungeons, mobs do not respawn until you leave the dungeon. So patience is the key.

The only things that are actually hard, are those Ankara sites and Shada's Tear. Everything else is perfectly doable solo. Though you may need to be bit creative with few of the bosses.

The problem with Ankara sites is not that they are difficult as such, it's the fact that, unless you can dish enough damage fast enough to burn the mobs before they kill the NPC, you will fail. So on some builds it just wont happen. Anomalies are a lot easier, since you are not on a timer with those and can pace yourself accordingly.

Shada however is hard - there's no way around it. You can still solo it, but it will be harder on some builds than others. And there are couple of really annoying boss fights to do solo. The mechanics make them almost impossible. I say almost since I have soloed them. Well, all except Shada herself. That fight was just too annoying for my main characters build back then. I got Shada several times to less than 10% health but always got killed by some of the random crap going about when Shada goes to desperation mode. At the end I said *** it and came back later with 3 other players (who were not maX CP by the way) and we rolf stomped her and that was that.

It was also several patches ago, so maybe I should go see if I can solo her now. With some of the new sets released since then, and the higher CP cap might be just enough to make the difference. But that fight is at the end of a long and tedious dungeon with several annoying bosses... So maybe not after all.

However, the idea of making Crag easier to solo, just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Might as well ask for Solo version of trials then too. Craglorn is designed with group content in mind. And it is fairly easy to go through in a group. But it also provides some actual challenges to those who want to go about it solo and test their ability and skill.

And I think it's good to have that sortta stuff in the game too. And soloing that stuff does indeed feel like an accomplishment.

And sure, one can always artificially increase the difficulty by not allocating CP or by not using any gear sets and stuff like that, but it's not the same thing. The knowledge that you can power up at anytime and just burn your way though, makes it feel less of a challenge. When you know that there is no shortcut to victory, achieving it will feel that much more significant

And that's why I think Crag is fine the way it is now.

Also, while we're talking about difficulty of solo content... Bring back the original Doshia! The current iteration is a joke.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate craglorn. About as attractive as taking a gun and blowing my brains out.
    Abandoned every quest there and am never going back, biggest waste of time ever.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on May 5, 2018 2:00AM