The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stretching the Back Bow - 2H Stamblade

Bladerunner1
Bladerunner1
✭✭✭✭
2H / Bow Stamblade, Summerset 4.0.2 PTS

2H Bar
2_H_Bow_SB1.png
Relentless Focus, Power Extraction, Surprise Attack, Brawler, Killers Blade, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Bow Bar
2_H_Bow_SB2.png
Razer Caltrops, Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Lightweight Beast Trap, Leeching Strikes, Soul Harvest

It's pretty much the standard things you'll see in a Stamblade guide with the exception of Lightweight Beast Trap. I wanted to see how far a melee build can stretch their DPS from a ranged location, a Stamblade in particular since they have the relentless focus proc, which can proc a poison infused glyph, which can proc Mechanical Acuity all in one bar swap.

I tried this out and noticed the tiniest drop in melee single target DPS compared to my old pure melee build tested in Summerset, but ranged DPS increased quite a bit with minor force and 2-3kdps from lightweight trap. I practiced a new rotation for the times I'm forced to stand away from a dungeon boss.

Equipment tested:
Mechanical Acuity: 2H Maul - infused with poison enchantment / infused ring / bloodthirsty ring / bloodthirsty necklace
Relequen: Chest, leggings, gloves, boots, belt - divines & stamina
Veledrith: All divines & stamina

Dubious Camoran with Wood Elf & 16k Health

Ranged DPS:
2_H_Bow_Ranged.png
*Used mark target*

Melee DPS:
2_H_Bow_Melee.png

AOE DPS:
2_H_Bow_AOE.png

Conclusion: Practicing a ranged rotation has HUGE benefits. When the mechanics force you away from a dungeon boss, you'll spend less time spamming useless things and more time hitting a more powerful rotation as you wait for the chance to jump back into melee range.
Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 3, 2018 2:04PM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    *PTS 4.0.2*
    My attempt at doing ranged damage with a melee build:
    bow_back_bar.png
    No major fracture or ultimates

The light attacks were hit by a 20% reduction in damage, so the ranged dps dropped from 31,500 to 30,000. I still like it enough, I'm going with lightweight beast trap from now on.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 1, 2018 12:15AM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Added the Relequen set and changed the build to 2H
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That set is kind of ridiculous 7k dps from a set is kind of too much.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bladerunner1

This is a stupid question but what Addon is that you are using for the DPS breakdown?
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    @Bladerunner1

This is a stupid question but what Addon is that you are using for the DPS breakdown?

It's an older version of combat metrics, the newer version had been having issues on the PTS but the old version was working.
    That set is kind of ridiculous 7k dps from a set is kind of too much.

Does 3.5k from a 2 piece set sound like too much? The 5 piece set takes 20 seconds to build.up.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 4, 2018 12:32PM
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bladerunner1

It's an older version of combat metrics, the newer version had been having issues on the PTS but the old version was working.

@Bladerunner1

Thank you very much!