Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Auridon Main Quest

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
It is possible that this has been discussed in the past.
I have been completing the main Auridon main quest again on some of my many AD alts.

It occurs to me that there seems to be a strangeness in there was in relation to Prince Naemon.

He is upset that you kill his wife, High Kinlady Estre, after she turns out to be the Veiled Queen. Ayrenn is all gushingly apologetic about it.

I think: Hang on just a minute! Estre has been running the veiled heritance. We have an assassination attempt in Vulkhel Guard. Another person lying in wait to attack the queen while getting a blessing from the ancients in Tanzil. Another planned highly public gesture of an assassination attempt in Skywatch. Dawnbreak is practically destroyed by Daedra and Firsthold also ransacked by Daedra with portals to Mehrunes Dagon around the city.

At any point after Estre was found out she could have surrendered. Maybe she would have been executed anyway. She fights and tries to destroy the queen's faithful right to the last.

Naemon never once acknowledges any wrongdoing on the part of his wife Estre. You would think it would be a bit hard to defend her after all this. He can't not know what she has done.

I don't know if the intension was story wise that they didn't want him to know in some way to preserve his feelings or his wife's memory to him or something.

You would think after all she had done it would seem logical to try to find out if Prince Naemon had any idea who she really was and what she had been doing. If she was conspiring with him to take the throne. Not once does he get asked if he knew about any of it. Again I don't know if that is a deliberate attempt to try and keep him in the dark.

If he had any idea what she was doing then that would heavily implicate Naemon. Even if he didn't actively help Estre, just covering for her under the circumstances would be treason.

I don't know if this is all deliberately part of the plot. Make a big show of how extremely naive Ayrenn was in relation to her brother. Maybe she saw what was going on with her brother but was in denial about it. Right up to his death she covers up for him.

On that basis I could accept Ayrenn didn't see or deliberately chose not to see.

What about Razum Dar? He is no fool. I am sure he would have made a connection even if the queen didn't. The captain of the guards? King Camoran (once in Elden Root). I don't know if King Camoran perhaps sees what is going on but chooses not to interfere as his behaviour shows he at the very least doesn't like Naemon.

I just wonder if the plot is unrealistic as to how people would react and behave under those circumstances. Or if that is actually a very deliberate part of the story.
I can't really tell for sure.

There is historical precedent for rivalry for the throne. The whole Elizabeth vs Mary Queen of Scotts situation comes to mind. The relation wasn't as close being cousins rather than siblings. Elizabeth at least recognised the threat though favouring trying to keep Mary contained and not wanting to have her killed. Only when Mary was caught out plotting to assassinate Elizabeth for the throne was Mary's execution deemed unavoidable and even then I believe Elizabeth had regret about it.
Edited by carljokl on April 30, 2018 6:42PM
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoilers.png
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know the extent of Naemon's Treachery and Treason, he tried to kill his Sister at the Reliquary during her ceremony to be crowned queen.

BTW, that is how you use a spoiler tag
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I take it back, I have managed to edit and fix the spoiler tag.
    Edited by carljokl on April 30, 2018 6:43PM
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know the story isn't over, right?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think your point about Razum-Dar is reasonable. In the case of Ayrenn there is the matter of grief and love, it just might not be easy for her to be pragmatic even if she is generally. Raz on the other hand is a different individual. I've commented on this before but it is hard to go into details without spoilering the story.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>