The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DB black sacrament Timer.

Thefox
Thefox
✭✭
Can we please remove this or at least make the time ALOT longer. 2-3min is not enough to sneak past everything. special the patrols with the " magic" lantan. that can see you, tho a torch or the camp fire right next to you, cant.

getting tired of failing it. when your almost at the exit and the Overseer comes.

so fare I dont think I have seen Any other quests that have a Effing Timer on it. Sooo yeah. Just remove it. please ?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are other timed quests, but they're not common for story quests. The other big one is the thieves guild heists. Since you can alert a few times without failing the objective, I get the secondary target, then find the primary and look for any lantern guards on the way out before I actually attack the primary. If you get one or two lantern guards in an isolated corridor, just kill them if you're on the timer. Night's silence set is also very useful.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are very much doable, but it means investing some extra effort and gear into your setup:

Be a vampire so you can sneak at full speed and use the Night Mother Embrace and Night Terror armor sets, they both reduce your detection range by 2 meters each. Be sure to wear 7 pieces of medium armor for more detection range reduction (passives in medium armor skill line).
    Icing on the cake is being a wood elf or Khajiit, they get a racial for detection range reduction. And as a night blade you get a short duration invisibility skill for getting past difficult parts faster.

As for the guys with the lanterns: you can kill them without penalty, you don't get a bounty for them, just kill them out of sight of other npcs.

The heists from the Thieves Guilds are actually quite a bit harder. You get a timer right from the start and loose time every time someone spots you.

Anyway, the timer for both the sacraments snd the heists are optional challenges. You can still complete the quests and get the boost to the skill lines. You just miss out on a part of the loot.
    Edited by Everstorm on May 3, 2018 8:40PM