Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Low Level Materials That Sell For A Small Fortune

SpasticSpringbok
I thought i'd start a discussion about Materials found in the game that can raise a small fortune for people starting out, I will add some and hopefully people have some more to share!!

Refined jute (not raw jute) - Sells to a vendor for about 400g (edited) for a stack of 100
Iron Ingots (not iron ore) - Sells to vendor for about 400g for a stack of 100

There is heaps of ore and plants all over the starting areas, you don't need to buy a tool to harvest them, just activate it, they take about 5 seconds to harvest and provide a solid income at low levels.

Jute is a green bush with yellow flowers, iron ore is a brownish copper lump usually found near rocks/cliffs.
Edited by SpasticSpringbok on April 2, 2014 11:17AM
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Vendors in EP were only offering 400gp for 100 Jute last night. That being said, since there is not a monetary denomination below the gold piece I tend to think of them more like copper pieces in other MMO games.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 2, 2014 11:10AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Rasta
    Rasta
    If you need to sell immediately then yeah they do sell for a decent amount. But I'm confident you could find a player who is willing to pay double what the NPC pays. Especially during opening week.
    Some players ignore crafting and then have to "make up for it".
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rasta wrote: »
    If you need to sell immediately then yeah they do sell for a decent amount. But I'm confident you could find a player who is willing to pay double what the NPC pays. Especially during opening week.
    Some players ignore crafting and then have to "make up for it".
    Of course, in the absence of an AH actually FINDING someone to sell to is going to be a pain .. forget chat channels, they're spammed by RMT and soon to be spammed by PCs who can't sell to a large guild.