The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cooking stations

Stickbow
Stickbow
✭✭✭
A bunch of threads include comments about people wanting a more immersive cooking station in their homes --- a campfire in the middle of the floor is just, well, not immersive.

There are usable fireplaces in game, the redguard 'oven', and this little gem in various places in Vvardenfell

3qj70gcb2yc6.png

Would love other people's input and/or screenshots in hopes ZoS hears and adds them.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like a cooking station to be a whole countertop.

cooking drinks in a fireplace seems odd to me for some reason.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love some additional options based on more build up cooking stations for sure.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES. SO MUCH YES.

That Redguard oven is my dream cooking station!
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only the cooking stations looked like this:

538px-Burgers_and_hotdogs_flaming_on_the_bbq_grill.jpg
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    i would like a cooking station to be a whole countertop.

cooking drinks in a fireplace seems odd to me for some reason.

Having cooked over 18th century fireplaces, it doesn't seem to be odd to me -- "stoves" are a really recent invention.

Though an invisible item that allowed pretty much anything to be a 'cooking station' might make sense - put it in a counter, whatevah.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if this was a cooking station.

600px-ON-item-furnishing-Redguard_Counter%2C_Grill.jpg

It's also a disappointment that fireplaces, such as the one in Autumn's Gate, aren't usable for cooking.
    Edited by ghastley on May 1, 2018 8:34PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is another oven I've seen in some of the Vvardenfell homes. It's stone and built-in. I'm not in the game right now. I'll try to either post a ss later or at least give a specific location for what I'm talking about.