The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix "Kill boundaries" in battlegrounds (video)

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The map boundaries that kill you via instant environmental damage equal to your health are too close to the playable areas on multiple BG maps, resulting in the player being able to literally jump up into instant-death via environmental damage. In addition to the two jumps you'll see in the attached clip, you also can be "Knocked up" into the kill boundary very easily by CC's like leap, meteor, volcanic rune, and mad tinkerer. Please move these boundaries further out, or remove them entirely in favor of the same boundaries utilized in cyrodil that simply prevent players from using gapclosers.

Edited by React on May 1, 2018 9:04PM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That actually looks bugged or something for consoles...I've honestly never seen anyone die from environmental damage in either of the places shown in your video. Being knocked into the air would previously be an insta-death if you were really close to an enemy spawn point when you got hit, but that seems to be fixed (or at least improved) on PC. And I don't know that it was ever an issue if you simply jumped, and certainly not in the two exact locations where it got you.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on May 1, 2018 9:14PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because you aren't going for objectives :trollface:
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's literally never happened to me and I'm up in those areas all the time. I don't know what you're doing. Can you replicate it?
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Yeah that's literally never happened to me and I'm up in those areas all the time. I don't know what you're doing. Can you replicate it?

No, but YOU can try to replicate it. I've already provided two examples here, it should be very simple for the developers to fix this. No need for me to go repetitively die in bgs in an attempt to replicate this.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix it the areas you cant get out as well please
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me on Xbox, most of the time it is near a spawn area and I get hit with a meteor and as soon as the knock up activates, I instantly die due to about 27k environmental damage.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me on PC/NA 3 times in about a month. Although all 3 times I was in combat and had been hit with a knock back of sorts.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

No, but YOU can try to replicate it. I've already provided two examples here, it should be very simple for the developers to fix this. No need for me to go repetitively die in bgs in an attempt to replicate this.
    The thing is for the dev to fix it they need to know how to replicate it as well. If you're unable to replicate it or won't share how to then it's going to be harder for a fix.

Also if you haven't already submit an in game bug report or post this into the bug reports forums as those are the places they get picked up from.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »

The thing is for the dev to fix it they need to know how to replicate it as well. If you're unable to replicate it or won't share how to then it's going to be harder for a fix.

Also if you haven't already submit an in game bug report or post this into the bug reports forums as those are the places they get picked up from.

It's been reported in game, but this not technically a bug and therefore there is no need to replicate. The environment developers for battlegrounds simply need to move the boundaries further back, not correct some sort of bug. It is simply an oversight on their behalf.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire rune in front of a spawn is a known exploit that causes the same effect

I report all players who do it
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp