The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Limited Time crown furniture

mystfit
mystfit
✭✭✭
Gosh, I just tonight when touring houses saw this amazing "rift' house item as part of the coldharbour housing pack. Amazing..take my money. Oh wait, you can't cause it's not for sale anymore ;(
Edited by mystfit on April 29, 2018 1:00AM
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep they want to make money and yet they don't want to make money. its very weird
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artificial scarcity and all that, you know. That way, they ensure that when they release some new furniture pack, for a limited time, many people will insta rush to get it.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's fine I guess. One the one hand, I should have been more attentive, on the other hand I didn't see anything in the pack I really wanted, so I'd of been buying it mostly for that, which seems a bit high for one item...
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Coldharbor housing pack was worth every penny IMO, the bookshelves are just awesome in The Erstwhile Sanctuary.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artificial scarcity and all that, you know. That way, they ensure that when they release some new furniture pack, for a limited time, many people will insta rush to get it.

i think that is either complete BS or just ignorant on their part. why would make a lot more money keeping the stuff on store. AT least put it out at a cheaper price for a week then raise it slightly after but don't remove it
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead, what they surely often get, it's people pissed off they saw nice items cannot buy because at that time they weren't even playing the game, or at that time they were on vacation, or at that time they left the game temporarily.
    Limited time items with no comebacks is a very dumb move.
    xbobx wrote: »

i think that is either complete BS or just ignorant on their part. why would make a lot more money keeping the stuff on store. AT least put it out at a cheaper price for a week then raise it slightly after but don't remove it

Agreed. The fact they have data to analyze doesn't mean they have good market analysts planning the best strategies, it's something people should really understand before saying "zos knows better, I ain't businessman but I can judge form my sheep point of view even if I don't know jack of what market analysts are and why the best are not to be found on the corner of the street since they must be truly able to evaluate data and planning", good ones aren't remotely cheap to hire either. I'm not so certain they have good ones.

Edited by RANKK7 on April 30, 2018 7:49AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

Instead, what they surely often get, it's people pissed off they saw nice items cannot buy because at that time they weren't even playing the game, or at that time they were on vacation, or at that time they left the game temporarily.

Agreed. The fact they have data to analyze doesn't mean they have good market analysts planning the best strategies, it's something people should really understand before saying "zos knows better, I ain't businessman but I can judge form my sheep point of view even if I don't know jack of what market analysts are and why the best are not to be found on the corner of the street since they must be truly able to evaluate data and planning", good ones aren't remotely cheap to hire either. I'm not so certain they have good ones.

Thing is, i am a business man working in upper management for 20+ years.

I can see when it comes with market analysis they are not quite sure what they are doing. Looking at their feeds, I think they are all around late 20s early 30s and might be their first time making the big decisions and they need to do better.
    Edited by xbobx on April 30, 2018 2:15PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can see when it comes with market analysis they are not quite sure what they are doing. Looking at their feeds, I think they are all around late 20s early 30s and might be their first time making the big decisions and they need to do better.

ZoS is a private company with few investors. It is always more difficult to meet or exceed expectations in that sort of case. Although I haven't taken a look, my bet is limited time sales, including crown 50% off sales, track with their reporting periods. Didn't not quite make forecast? Let's get an instant in fusion!

It used to be that only public companies suffered from short termism, but nowadays people are so used to quarterly board meetings and reporting cycles that very few companies have escaped it, and those are typically majority owned by the founder.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS is a private company with few investors. It is always more difficult to meet or exceed expectations in that sort of case. Although I haven't taken a look, my bet is limited time sales, including crown 50% off sales, track with their reporting periods. Didn't not quite make forecast? Let's get an instant in fusion!

It used to be that only public companies suffered from short termism, but nowadays people are so used to quarterly board meetings and reporting cycles that very few companies have escaped it, and those are typically majority owned by the founder.

most likely they are line but they really don't need to be since they are not really reporting to a huge amount of investors. Usually people do things like that to pad sales numbers at the end of quarters. I don't really see why they would bother.

the fact that its a private corporation is why its so frustrating with whats going on because you really dont have the data to back up any arguments when confronting them.

personally i think there is so much money left on the table that they could get without making it seem like they are greedy with their current market strategy which is go big and sell little compared to sell a lot for little.
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PTS right now they have a furniture pack on the crown store featuring a lot of the items from COS dungeon. This was kind of a bummer to see because I was hoping some of those items would be for sale on the luxury merchant. So if you have been drooling over those items like I have been be prepared to pay 5k+crowns, and for them to only be available for a limited time.