Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Does Chilled stack with the Minor Maim effect?

Xphalt
Xphalt
I am playing a Warden tank and have heroic slash and want to know if the chilled effect from gripping shards stacks with the minor maim effect from heroic slash. If it doesn't then is there any point in using both the abilities together or not?

Best Answers

• Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chilled give minor Maim same debuff.

Heroic give you minor heroism.
    shards give aoe debuff and also dmg.

So not useless to run both.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Answer ✓
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The shorter debuff should be simply ignored by the server, since like debuffs don't stack.

It won't take time off of an existing debuff.

The only two times I am aware of where buffs/debuffs will overwrite is in cases of taunt and with some proc sets (war machine, etc)

For what you're after, it should work like a charm.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Answer ✓
  • Xphalt
    Xphalt
    So basically I use Gripping Shards when there are a lot of enemies and Heroic slash on the boss?

I am led to believe that the latest debuff will overwrite the current debuff if they are both the same. Seeing as they are both Minor Maim, will the debuff from Gripping Shards overwrite the debuff from Heroic slash as it is much shorter and I am worried it may screw up my rotation as I need to recast an ability.

Sorry is this is confusing.
  • Xphalt
    Xphalt
    The shorter debuff should be simply ignored by the server, since like debuffs don't stack.

It won't take time off of an existing debuff.

The only two times I am aware of where buffs/debuffs will overwrite is in cases of taunt and with some proc sets (war machine, etc)

For what you're after, it should work like a charm.

Thank you very much for your answer! It helped a lot.
  • Xphalt
    Xphalt
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Chilled give minor Maim same debuff.

Heroic give you minor heroism.
    shards give aoe debuff and also dmg.

So not useless to run both.

Thank you! This also helped.