Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Warden - Meta sets?

Torbschka
Torbschka
✭✭✭✭
Hey,

since Im playing magicka warden (argonian) since morrowind I want to try Stamina warden until summerset.

What are the "meta/good" Setups for the different playstyles:

2h (DMG) + Snb
Snb (DMG) + 2h
2h + Bow

etc.?

I really have no clue, I know the "old" one by kodi etc., but I guess a lot has changed, since Im asking here for some advice.

Oh, I mostly Play NO CP, so I guess Fury isnt that good there, cuz every1 has reduced crit Change?

thank you guys
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a 2h / SNB build. Mix and match:

(Monster set)
    Trollking / Bloodspawn
    And
    (Main set)
    Seventh Legion / Cyrodils Crest / Spriggans / Impregnable (in medium)
    And
    (Back bar set)
    Werewolf Hide / Clever Alchemist / mechanical acuity / duroks / Agility

Use asylum 2h unless you’re also using bloodspawn AND werewolf hide
    Use 2h maul unless you’re running spriggans or if your dmg is done on the 1h bar. In those cases run 2h sword. For duels run axes but imo warden is a burst class and maul is best for that. (You wouldn’t need the extra 5% against light armor wearers anyway but you’d need the extra pen against heavy armor tanks)

There aren’t many good wardens that don’t follow these guidelines.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run DW / S+B on mine but my build would definitely only work in CP as I my stam recovery sits at around 1600 fully buffed which I doubt would be enough on No CP.

BS / Spriggan / 7th Legion
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood spawn + Seventh + figure out your last set based off what you need.

Hundings, Hulk, Spriggans, Fury, Ravagers turn you into a freight train.

Bone Pirate has the best damage/sustain ratio, Hirciness Veineer gives you better sustain but less damage than Bone Pirate.

Shacklebreaker is also a solid set.

Night mother's isn't bad if you run DW, nirn/infused weapon damage/crushing decent set up.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    I run DW / S+B on mine but my build would definitely only work in CP as I my stam recovery sits at around 1600 fully buffed which I doubt would be enough on No CP.

Bone Pirate has the best damage/sustain ratio, Hirciness Veineer gives you better sustain but less damage than Bone Pirate.

Night mother's isn't bad if you run DW, nirn/infused weapon damage/crushing decent set up.

I can’t wait til Summerset drops and I can run two full five piece sets while on 2h instead of having to backbar one.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

I can’t wait til Summerset drops and I can run two full five piece sets while on 2h instead of having to backbar one.

TBH im kind of bummed at the upcoming change. I hate 2H and love going DW in PvP but once Summerset hits I may have no choice but to bite the bullet and make the switch. I know in my heart the upcoming change is a good thing but I feel like it is making DW way less viable now. I mean basically my only argument to stick with DW at that point would be the quicker heavy attacks and 2nd enchantment. Oh well.

• ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dw will still do more damage than 2h in summerset
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Dw will still do more damage than 2h in summerset

DW has lower tooltips than 2h on live

I’m running 5 medium 2 heavy 5 Impreg 5 Duroks(back bar) 2 Malu Asylum 2h. Imo, this is by far the strongest no-CP setup I’ve run on stam warden post 7th legion nerf. 29k stam 4k weapon damage.

Without the ability to stack befoul malu basically becomes a window of near invulnerability. Duroks is obviously ridiculous.

I mostly agree with @Thogard and his suggestions except that if you’re running Duroks or Cyrodiils crest you should use a 2h Axe since the bleed+defile is very strong
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 28, 2018 4:40PM
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    5vd + 5 heem-jas
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Keepo
    Keepo

Hi, would you mind sharing more detailed info about your build? I kinda like it. What abilities do you use?
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

I'm excited for that much needed change, I just wish attack speed was a thing again to add another element to the game, I don't feel like DW should put out huge chunks like 2h.. but benefit more from circle strafing and speed/strafe based play.

I don't care for stamina being burst and Magicka being... Pressure? I like to blend them both in.