The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change appearance Token?

LastAyleidKing
LastAyleidKing
✭✭✭
When they first came out I used one to change my dunmer vampires appearance i was kind of sad i couldnt view my standard racial skin tones.

But for this question I know it costs crowns
I have a high elf I based off a maormer character and I have his sliders just about perfect but on summerset release I want to remake him exactly the same to do that tutorial for role play reasons.

If I use token but for example (as has happened a Lot lately on my 1 terabyte xb1)
Sometimes making or messing with a new character my game crashes or it bumps me back to main menu before I complete said character.

My question is 2 fold
Can I use a token to look at a characters appearance sliders to pic or clip record there locations and *if* I freeze does it still consume my token even if I don't confirm the *change*? I ask because burning like 1k or 1500 crowns to change appearance just to view settings or to lose token if my game freezes is pricey and I don't wanna spend it if it might gobble my cash if it bugs out.

And does anyone know any quirky things about this tokens to watch out for? Or weird bugs you've noticed with them?

Best Answer

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy a token and use it just to look at the sliders and record them. Then instead of saving it and wasting the token, press "back" instead. It'll say something like "Are you sure? Your changes will not be saved and you will not be charged a token." Press back anyway. That way, you'll be able to look at the sliders, and still have the token to use later if you want to. You can't get a refund on the token, but it's still a pretty good option.

So, it won't consume the token unless you click on "save."

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 30, 2018 6:04AM
    Answer ✓
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The user above answered all.
    And I think they leave the appearance editor so outdated and mediocre to facilitate mistakes and wrong editing in order to get an extra purchase because "damn, in game it's bad, I must redo" (poor from sliders with not even a freaking numeration, to lights and modifiers making the character look very different in game environment, to awful voice samples with no option to chose from to try out only some of them).

I've been ripped off with the very first token, voice in samples (ton of dumb screaming and laughing) was nothing it was in game, the most common combat shouts or the riding ones seemed of another voice entirely. It's been hella difficult to redo the char and after that I always record and I strongly suggest to always do that, the editor is not reliable and mistakes are so easy to do, a tad too much for me to not suspect mala fides in zos not improving it.
    Always record.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I got the answer nothing was more insulting than not being able to see my natural dark elf skin tones upon using a token back in the day just because my vampire skin overrides seeing them....despite disguises showing your default char and skin tone beyond vampirisim just a weird thing that bugged me....
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you play on PC (not sure) you can also buy an appearance change token for 1 crown on PTS and use it to open your character up in the editor, record the sliders (I use screenshots rather than counting, but whatever works for you), and then exit.

I make all new characters on PTS first. I test them in game in a variety of lighting and tweak as necessary with the cheap tokens before I ever create the character on live server.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS