Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

15 Master Anglers, AND all DLC/Chapter achievements on all 15 characters. Here's all the data!

MyNameIsElias
MyNameIsElias
✭✭✭✭✭
This post has been in the making for nearly 3 years now, i hope you will enjoy the read! :smile:

Please read before continuing!

pDuphdh.jpg
So take this post with a grain of salt! :wink:

8RoqVsI.jpg
Only 1 character for now, more collective data can be found in the other sections.

U1zxcFB.jpg
Fun fact: Ever since the Homestead patch introduced furniture loot in fishing, i've noticed that completing master angler has been a lot faster then pre-Homestead. Not entirely sure how the math behind that works, but it does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lErmI9a.jpg
Stormhaven and Glenumbra were notorious to me for giving me more blue fish then i needed.

RKPEbAb.jpg
I hope this Khajiit vendor likes fish!

TU1Ws6C.jpg
Is this a good time to mention i don't like eating fish in real life?

Caq1fuM.jpg
If you think this is a lot, wait until you see the DLC section!

J1KvYB2.jpg
Judging by the amount of time you spend to collect all of these, it's not that great of a money source.

kkO3VIq.jpg
Ofcourse RNG is the one behind these stats, but something tells me Aspect runes might have a slightly higher drop-rate then other items.....

CSwrDzE.jpg
Things get a bit crazy from here on!

BPi5tFQ.jpg
I know Craglorn isn't actually a DLC zone, but it was added after the game released in 2014, and was not required for the Master Angler title.

BOY93or.jpg
Sometimes though, i caught alot of blue fish before i got the 1 green fish i needed. Especially inside the Imperial City.

a1a4O5d.jpg
If the New Life festival taught me anything, then it's that Argonians like rare fish!

i2XnTCp.jpg
It's a shame that the gold furnishings are not worth alot at all on the player market :neutral:

dOmfHlp.jpg
Enough fish to last a lifetime!

e2YQ7Gq.jpg
I hope i didn't wreck the ocean ecosystem or something.....

RgkPjaN.jpg
Kind of wish there was a higher droprate on the Starfish, they are my favorite furnishing to catch.

GEZRppi.jpg
Like mentioned before, not the greatest way to earn gold based on the amount of time you'd need to invest if you planned on getting rich just from selling furnishings.

mMOtVTW.jpg
Very surprising to see that purple Blacksmithing/Clothing & Woodworking materials were less frequent then Kuta ended up being.

eYR3O5O.jpg
A summary of most of the data collected throughout my 3 year long journey!

G9mxXix.jpg
Out of all of these zones, Cyrodiil foul usually took the longest.

5SAaPWq.jpg
About half as much as from all 15 master angler "runs". At the time of this post, there's only 7 DLC/Chapter zones in the game, compared to master angler's 20 zones.

ksrgV1Q.jpg
I've used the same keyboard throughout all of this, and i am honestly surprised my "E" key is still functional.

PYkHcRH.png
The 13th character was the first one that got the achievement post-Homestead patch, and it's clear to see that adding the furnishings to the loot-table has made master angler a faster process somehow.

Gubb33f.png
Oh boy could i tell you about some frustrating days spent inside The Clockwork City..... and you'd think the constant threat of being ganked inside IC was bad, phew.

0JaIqLH.jpg
Ofcourse the price of Perfect roe fluctuates, at the time of this price check it was sitting around just 11k gold per roe. Highest i've seen is around 14k each.

qPcQahR.png
Not too surprising, seeing as Coldharbour, Clockwork City and Imperial City require only Crawlers.

5n71qgt.jpg
Not a bad investment i'd say!

7dzn0NI.png
River was always my faorite type of water to fish in, usually went pretty quick to get the rare fish i needed!

Gfk4mg4.png
I'm telling you, something's up with that Clockwork City rng....

4zVsgQI.png
I actually thought that i somehow would maybe end up having more Clockerfish & Typical Barb then both river fish, but i think my mind just went slightly crazy from spending too much time in that zone.

eS5UNSq.jpg
That's it! Thank you for reading, and i'll just leave you with a final picture of the fish inside my craftbag. Some of it is missing due to the craftbag not existing prior to starting this journey, and some has been gained from other sources. Thank you again, and hope you enjoyed :)
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I think you are a Grandmaster Angler. :wink:
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg.
  • kimjovikenb16_ESO
    Fish loot is cleary designed to force you into buying crown crates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulation. I don’t have even 1 master Angler character because I dread the grind. Well done.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias Elias you are my fishing hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please sign my triggerfish
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have my awesome, simply WOW :o
    Only missing information about time spent on just the fishing, was it around 35-38 days (ca 20sec per single fish?)?

And I now see from where comes the so called whales, 19 milions of gold gained from just fishing (perfect roe) :).
    Edited by Gargath on May 2, 2018 10:19AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is impressive. I just started a thread asking for tips but i should have searched first, we have a grandmaster here.

Some questions please:
    Did you solo fish it all?
    How long on average did it take for 1 character to get master angler, say post homestead?
    Does the 2 types of bait for each water have any difference in catch rate of rare fish?
    Do you have any tips on increasing the chances of getting the fish you are looking for or is it purely RNG?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    have my awesome, simply WOW :o
    Only missing information about time spent on just the fishing, was it around 35-38 days (ca 20sec per single fish?)?

And I now see from where comes the so called whales, 19 milions of gold gained from just fishing (perfect roe) :).

To be honest i'm not sure what the estimated time would be, it's probably around that ballpark tho!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Wow, this is impressive. I just started a thread asking for tips but i should have searched first, we have a grandmaster here.

Some questions please:
    How long on average did it take for 1 character to get master angler, say post homestead?
    Does the 2 types of bait for each water have any difference in catch rate of rare fish?
    Do you have any tips on increasing the chances of getting the fish you are looking for or is it purely RNG?

I'd say 99% of this was done solo! Sometimes you can't help other people fishing with you, as some zones have a limited amount of water holes of a specific type of fish.

Assuming you spend about 6 hours a day fishing, i'd say it takes about 2 weeks to complete the achievement!

I've never noticed any difference at all using different bait, my assumption is that the bait you can catch is only there to make the loot-table bigger.

If you fish with other people, your RNG for rare fish gets increased! I don't actually know the numbers on that tho :(
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some questions please:

I'd say 99% of this was done solo! Sometimes you can't help other people fishing with you, as some zones have a limited amount of water holes of a specific type of fish.

Assuming you spend about 6 hours a day fishing, i'd say it takes about 2 weeks to complete the achievement!

I've never noticed any difference at all using different bait, my assumption is that the bait you can catch is only there to make the loot-table bigger.

If you fish with other people, your RNG for rare fish gets increased! I don't actually know the numbers on that tho :(

Another question.
    If you couldn't find a fish or two in a zone as it was taking too long, would you just move on to another zone then come back or would you brute it out and stay in one zone until you had caught all the fish in that zone?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some questions please:

Another question.
    If you couldn't find a fish or two in a zone as it was taking too long, would you just move on to another zone then come back or would you brute it out and stay in one zone until you had caught all the fish in that zone?

Good question! I would actually always stay in the same zone until i got the last fish i needed. It made it easier to keep track of the data when writing it down :)
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grand Master Angeler
    PC
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best Angler I ever saw in this game for sure. Amazing!
    Edited by Enslaved on May 2, 2018 10:49AM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias

15 characters. Each Master Anglers.

There's one title you deserve after this attempt: Emperor.

I struggle with catching fish in one location, yet here you did it with all zones. 15 TIMES!

I don't suppose all this data has netted you the ability to map out where all the fish are per zone, did it?

Or did the game finally make it so all fish of a type can be found in any area of that water type regardless of location.

If memory serves, one had to practically fish every water hole to get all the various rare fish.
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Elias!! :)
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realised i forgot to post the proof! Just incase anybody was curious, here they are

Master angler 1-12
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qks6LIn-Y

Master Angler 13
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SseJ10i-6rE

Master angler 14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqSOK5wCRk

Master Angler 15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVJjh7v9AaE

DLC/Chapter zones
    https://imgur.com/a/PrZs6nt
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    @MyNameIsElias

15 characters. Each Master Anglers.

There's one title you deserve after this attempt: Emperor.

I struggle with catching fish in one location, yet here you did it with all zones. 15 TIMES!

I don't suppose all this data has netted you the ability to map out where all the fish are per zone, did it?

Or did the game finally make it so all fish of a type can be found in any area of that water type regardless of location.

If memory serves, one had to practically fish every water hole to get all the various rare fish.

Thank you for the praise, indeed i hope to become Emperor one day. You need to catch 12 rare fish in each vanilla zone still, yup! :)
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solasub wrote: »
    Great job Elias!! :)

Thank you very much Sola!
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Best Angler I ever saw in this game for sure. Amazing!

edit this post please, you made a mess of the thread with duplicate images from OP
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the praise, indeed i hope to become Emperor one day. You need to catch 12 rare fish in each vanilla zone still, yup! :)
    @MyNameIsElias

Anytime. Please allow me to rephrase my question, as I've recently returned to the game and started fishing again (this game has changed quite a bit since the last time I was here).

Do I still need to fish at all the rivers to catch all the river rares or can I now just stand at one river to catch all the rare river fish?

If memory serves (which I can't seem to rely on anymore), it used to be 1 or 2 rare fish per body of water.

Lately, I seem to be catching the same rare fish regardless where the body of water is (as long as the water type is the same).

Makes me wonder if this was changed.

• jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to know the overall time /played on those characters.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Violynne Ah forgive me, i didn't play the game when it launched myself. In order to get Master angler you need to visit all 20 required zones and catch all 12 unique rare fish in those zones. For example, you won't be able to catch a rare river fish from Greenshade while fishing in Stonefalls rivers. I'd recommend checking out this guide from @MissBizz she explains alot better then i ever could :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxsk_1kH7I8
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on May 2, 2018 11:07AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Truly insane but quite awesome! I'm working on my 4th Master Angler!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Truly insane but quite awesome! I'm working on my 4th Master Angler!

Awesome to hear! I wish the best RNG for you! :)
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, i just don't know anymore Elias. Geegee, Grandmaster DST!
    PC|EU
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    As somebody who does a little fishing in game, and knows how boring it is - Wow, great work and dedication.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »
    As somebody who does a little fishing in game, and knows how boring it is - Wow, great work and dedication.

Thank you! That means a lot :smiley:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who loves fishing in this game AND data-driven posts, this is amazing, super clear visuals and fascinating number-crunching. Thank you for tracking and sharing the results of 3 years of fishing!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who loves fishing in this game AND data-driven posts, this is amazing, super clear visuals and fascinating number-crunching. Thank you for tracking and sharing the results of 3 years of fishing!

I'm super happy to hear you enjoyed it! I know the images look very weird and unproffesional, it's because they were all made in Paint :joy: I tried my best to make it as readable as possible