The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A complaint about bugged PVE content (i.e. Restoring the Guardians, Belgoth, etc.)

IncredulousPlatypus
I can't find a forum more suitable for this that I'm able to post in, so I thought I'd post it here.

There are several PVE quests (including those noted in the topic heading above), that commonly become bugged for players who complete them solo. I combed the knowledge base for answers and discovered some dev/gm responses that explain that the quests are "meant to be done in a group."

Now I have no problem with group quests, but if the side effect of performing them solo is that they're going to become bugged, then I think they need to be labeled as such. Otherwise, it's an immense source of frustration for players who find creative ways to complete a seemingly hard quest solo, but who then learn that their work is for naught because the quest becomes bugged.

Otherwise, I've really been enjoying the PVE content in the game :)

Note: For those of you who have found yourself in this predicament, I've found that abandoning the quests, relogging, and then completing it again in a group works as a solution (most of the time at least).
  • Mosti
    Mosti
    ✭✭✭
    I agree its so frustrating
  • kgh29
    kgh29
    Soul Shriven
    Actually I couldn't even do the deshia fight in a group. The quest wont let you group for it, and belgath bugged for me even when I was grouped
  • kalishnikov21
    That's the one for the fighters guild right? If it's the one I'm thinking of, then what you have to do is when she stuns you these orbs appear that, if they reach her they heal her, but if you destroy them before that they will heal you instead.
  • Stonie
    Stonie
    ✭✭
    If the devs really says that you need to be in a group or the quest will bug ... oh, man, that is the lamest excuse ever.
    I understand that there will be bugs in a new game and thats fine (even if its annoying) but saying things like that is a big no no.
    Atm I have 3 bugs reported:

1. Cant get back into Crow´s Wood dungeon to pick up the skyshard
    2. The Brothers will rise
    3. Restoring the Guardians
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, one time I was able to go to crows wood but now its bugged and I cant enter. the first time was before I went to the starter islands because I was curious about the dungeon, as in the beta it was also bugged. I was able to enter then, but then I left, and now, as a level 10 I cannot enter.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem is what is preventing me from saying this is my perfect game. I love everything about it and I'm a little bit of a fan girl but I have to turn the game off and walk away out of frustration A LOT.

"*** ANOTHER ONE!?!" (relog for an hour - give up walk away) I am leveling an alt because I want to enjoy the story not feel afraid that the next quest in a long amazing story is going to bug out on me and completely ruin my immersion. I know its early access bugs happen but this is out of control.
  • Brockxz
    Brockxz
    ✭✭
    For Crow´s Wood dungeon I suggest logout and wait a few minutes and login to change instance. That's how we manage to get in yesterday. You only have to get one person in and after that just use that person as a waypoint to travel others.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, very frustrating. Really like the game but these bugs are a super bummer.
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the Balreth quest by myself, and only at level 8. It wasnt too hard, just alot of back and forth. It was strange though, because it didnt glitch till the end, and even then I just fast travelled out of there, haha. But I do feel for the people that are bugged on it atm, I had that same issue during beta right up until the last beta test.

I couldnt even get back into Crows Wood during the last beta, damn chest wouldnt open. But I havent tried again yet this play, although I suspect I might just wait...
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.