Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are you doing....? Would be nice to get some communication.

lynix112
lynix112
✭✭
My mate and I want to play, It's a bit bogas to expect us to wait for servers.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    They're fixing bugs in an emergency fashion. If you want to play your game without critical errors, then you should let them do their jobs and fix it.

You should get used to server maintenance, emergency or normal, they will happen.
  • lynix112
    lynix112
    ✭✭
    Maybe that's what beta is for ;)
    Get it right before release day.

Don't get me wrong I know it can happen but it's been less then a week since release, any problems they have now is on them for not beta testing long enough.

OPEN BETA IS THE WAY TO GO FOR MMOs THEN THIS SORT OF STUFF GETS FIXED BEFORE RELEASE.
  • mck3
    mck3
    Soul Shriven
    Well technically we are all still in early access, the game doesn't truly go live till 4/4/2014, Plus any game this big is going to have bugs to work out for weeks after launch.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    All MMOs launch with bugs. Every single one. Some are worse than others, but with every launch you get people claiming that launch is the worst launch ever. Bugs are going to be present in the game after several patches too, and with new expansions. That's just how the industry works. Sometimes things break when you get lots of people using them at once, sometimes a small patch that seemed to work well internally breaks things when introduced to the large scale populous. No amount of testing will result in a completely bug free MMO.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind that they are fixing the game I understand that that happens in an MMO but WHAT are they fixing?
    As far as I can tell you they shut down the servers to TESO can take a NAP lol.

But yea I wish I knew WHAT they were fixing cause this down time is really long to get back into to the game and "they didn't fix anything".
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Considering this happened....i have no problem waiting....

from reddit
    "Can't even make this up.
    The system message went out about them disabling in-game mail, my client crashed, and when I logged back in I was in SOMEONE ELSES account. I was completely in their account and on their character.
    My username was @Shankerz, I could talk to other players, trade his inventory, everything. I was kicked out when he logged back in shortly after.
    Upon logging in again, I was back on my character and account, but I had the other player's inventory still.
    This is a pretty insane "bug" and needs to be looked at ASAP!
    Edit: Only screenshot I took on the other person's account http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f0ytc0&s=8#.UztUsPldV66
    Edit 2: Just to clarify, I have absolutely no idea who the dude is whose account it logged me in to. He isn't in my guild, isn't on my friends list, anything - in fact, he was much higher level than me and on a completely different faction"

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21yvux/shortly_after_system_message_about_disabled/
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    My best guess would be the issue cited here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21yvux/shortly_after_system_message_about_disabled/
    They may not want to say what they're fixing because it could inspire people to try and break the system again, or look for new flaws.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA