Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

StamDK bow/2H race question

Sekero
Sekero
✭✭✭
As the title suggests I want to start a new StamDK with 2H frontbar, Bow backbar and I'd like to do it with a Nord, my favourite race since Morrowind (TES III). The character will be exclusively PVE. Also Vet is where I take my dog when he's poorly and Trials take place in Courtrooms, so group utility is not a question. So is there a reason why this would not work?
Edited by Sekero on May 1, 2018 9:42PM

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see any reason you can’t make this work. Especially since you aren’t playing content where the character needs to be maxed.

The weakness of the character will be the double whammy of the DK’s lower dps, combined with the Nord’s lack of offensive racial passives (they’re all geared to tanking). So, to overcome that you’d want to boost their damage where you can.

The CP system will help greatly if you have CPs. Using medium armor and offensive sets like Hundings Rage will help, or a good monster set can help. Then you’ll want to think about the skills you slot so that you get as many buffs as you can. I’d also experiment between a 2h front bar or dual wield, personally, as dw might putmout more damage. But if you love 2h it can work.

For what you’re wanting to play...the majority of PvE content in the game...you’d have a character with good survivability, who moves a little slower through content due to lower dps, but who should be fun to play with the right combination of abilities and gear. Plus he’d have one of those sweet Nord accents.
    Answer ✓
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    ....The weakness of the character will be the double whammy of the DK’s lower dps, combined with the Nord’s lack of offensive racial passives (they’re all geared to tanking). So, to overcome that you’d want to boost their damage where you can.

The CP system will help greatly if you have CPs. Using medium armor and offensive sets like Hundings Rage will help, or a good monster set can help. Then you’ll want to think about the skills you slot so that you get as many buffs as you can. I’d also experiment between a 2h front bar or dual wield, personally, as dw might putmout more damage. But if you love 2h it can work.

For what you’re wanting to play...the majority of PvE content in the game...you’d have a character with good survivability, who moves a little slower through content due to lower dps, but who should be fun to play with the right combination of abilities and gear. Plus he’d have one of those sweet Nord accents.

I have max CP+ (for Summerset) and I really don't care how long it takes me to finish Cadwell. What is important to me is that I have a character that can complete the base game content without having best customer discount at the res temples (and now you know how old I am). So I gather from your reply that my wish is NOT in the realms of distant fantasy. Thank you. :)