Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is my actual Account Name?

gimarwb17_ESO
gimarwb17_ESO
✭✭✭
What is actually my account name?
I have the account name that I log in with to play the game.

Then there is a name @gimarwb17_ESO that I never chose but that seems to have been given to me by ESO and that appears on my forum entries.

So I am puzzled now, is my account name @..... or is it the Account name that I use to work out my subscription to ESO for and that I use to log into my account?

For instance in the guild section I sent a reply for a guild that I want to join their guild but I did not really know who they should send the invite to, my character name, my forum name @.... or the account name that I use to log in.

Puzzled
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    You can change your forum account name when you go into your profile here on the forums, it is totally separate from your in game account.
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    Your forum name might coincidentally match your account name, but it isn't your game account name. You can see your game account name on your game account page. It's your userid.

And, yes, I don't know why we some of us had our forum names forced on us, as I assume everyone with *_ESO had no choice in theirs. :disappointed:

Edit: And, at least in my case, it isn't changeable as the field is greyed out in my profile.
    Edited by smilingmaybe on April 2, 2014 10:21AM
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Mine started off with _ESO too, but I went into Edit profile and changed it...not sure if that option is still available or not.