The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Distinctive weapons 「Trial and Group」

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Now and even after Summerset drops, I've always had this idea that trial weapons and group content specific weapons e.g vMSA/vDSA should be completely distinctive from one another.

The nerf to vMSA/vDSA weapons (losing damage buff) and Aslyum weapons were a prime example of what I mean. Aslyum is the best as they offer a "perfected" version whereas the normal version literally provides the same exact buff aside from receiving a minuscule change in the value they have.
Take a look at perfected and normal asylum axe.
LaHKISr.png

They're literally one in the same which undercuts the reason to even try the Veteran trial let alone compete for those weapons.

vDSA and vMSA weapons are still unique as to Asylum weapons for their ability to provide an affect while utilizing 1 slot (1h/shield or dw excluded) but I feel the buffs from vDSA and vMSA should return while normal and "perfected" weapons should receive a tune.
I suggest that the perfected weapons stay as they are while the normal ones receive a cool down of 5-10 seconds (based on the weapons ability).
Thoughts?
Edited by MaxwellC on April 30, 2018 11:18PM
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l

Distinctive weapons 「Trial and Group」 26 votes

I want a seperation between normal and veteran weapons
30%
Iruil_ESOMaxwellCDPShiroBbsample197Apache_KidStoicSunbroXiDiabolismiXSapiarchofScrying 8 votes
I do not want a separation between normal and veteran weapons.
7%
HighKinladyGreat_M 2 votes
It's pretty good right now.
61%
falcasternub18_ESOstarkerealmAmericanSpyS_Ravenlockwildbear247Pink_ViolinzVoxicityFischblutAnti_VirusAisle9FakeFoxVilniusNastavnikHJSmith24Sixty5TheUndeadAmuletItacira 16 votes
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's already a difference between the two, allowing for players to get the weapons for their build and then get improved ones when they're finalizing it...
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have taken the worst example possible. Yes, on 2H there is basically no difference, but on other AS Weapons the difference is huge enough to make the normal version trash, while the perfected one is BIS.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »

They're literally one in the same which undercuts the reason to even try the Veteran trial let alone compete for those weapons.

I was under the impression that completing Vet mode was mostly for the sense of accomplishment, no?

To that end, what they could do (forgive me if this was already done - I don't pay much attention to this stuff) is simply have a different skin for the Perfected version, something very noticeably different that you can show off.

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ruined all these weapons. I'd really like to see them return to their former glory especially the Maelstrom weapons.

Add the weapon damage bonus back to these weapons. immediately
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was under the impression that completing Vet mode was mostly for the sense of accomplishment, no?

To that end, what they could do (forgive me if this was already done - I don't pay much attention to this stuff) is simply have a different skin for the Perfected version, something very noticeably different that you can show off.

Perfected versions have distinct coloration. This was slightly more relevant before you could dye your weapons, but still.
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not want a separation between normal and veteran weapons.
    I hit the wrong one :| meant to hit it’s pretty good right now .
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a seperation between normal and veteran weapons
    @FakeFox
    Actually no they are literally the same, you're more than welcome to look at any site displaying the normal and perfected weapons.
    DW add a mere 2 seconds for a total of 10 seconds to twin slashes, lacerate, and blade cloak while the normal one adds a total of 8 seconds.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FakeFox
    Actually no they are literally the same, you're more than welcome to look at any site displaying the normal and perfected weapons.
    DW add a mere 2 seconds for a total of 10 seconds to twin slashes, lacerate, and blade cloak while the normal one adds a total of 8 seconds.

Destro is 33% difference.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FakeFox

My perfected inferno thinks otherwise :D