The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, I've been writing an Elder Scrolls book...

ParagonVQ
ParagonVQ
Soul Shriven
No matter which way I have reached out to Bethesda or Zenimax, nobody has responded to me about licensing.

Does anyone have experience with either company's licensing policy for publishing a book based on Elder Scrolls?

Thanks.
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome to post it online, but trying to sell it (especially sell it to a publishing house) is against the rules.
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fan fiction.net and Archive of Our Own are both excellent sites for Elder Scrolls fan fiction, which I'm afraid is what your book currently amounts to.

There are several (2?) Elder Scrolls novels, so if you want to write official works, you might do better to contact Bethesda with your book proposal first.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check with Greg Keyes, who wrote the Infernal City books. A Google search suggests he has a Facebook page, I didn't see an official site.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm presuming that Bethesda or Zenimax pick an author and licence to them, not the other way around.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Contact "Titan Books and Publishing".
    They publish all Bethedas and Zeni's books. Like "Tales of Tamriel-Vol 1", etc.
    They might can help.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)