The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Voice chat now completely broken on Xbox

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Was grouping for a trial last night and not a single person could hear or talk in voice chat.

This is still not working today and people in my BAND app for other guilds are posting they are having the same issues. Please fix this. Chat channels have alrady been disappearing for 6 months and you've done absolutely nothing so please don't ignore this as well.

Edit: I've already tried the usual solutions of hard resets, clearing the cache etc. I've dealt with support many times so I can do the troubleshooting routine completely on my own at this point. This is not a user network or hardware issue.
Edited by Apache_Kid on April 26, 2018 5:14PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So one person in my guild just said it randomly fixed itself and they didn't do anything. Mine is still not working.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the issue seems to be a problem with the Xbox guide interacting with the game chat. If you hit the Xbox guide button at all which is like kind of an important thing to be able to do, chat won't work for hours. We had no voice chat for an entire trial last night.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep really getting fed up with this issue
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is a pretty widespread issue, guild and zone chat are filled with people complaining about it.

It's definitely something to do with being in a party chat on Xbox then going to game chat or being on your Xbox friends list then going to game chat that causes the issue.

Seeing as how Microsoft rolled out a Dashbaord interface update 24-48 hours ago, I bet something went wrong with that which is now affecting eso chat so y'all need to get on the horn with them because I'm willing to guarantee that's what is going on.
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    Yep couldn’t even play last night! Especially PvP!! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me too since the update. Makes trying to pvp really unenjoyable.
  • BeefyMrTips
    BeefyMrTips
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a fix, see new discussion I posted. Might be same chat bug cause by coming out of Xbox party chat
    Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the fix still makes you reset your Xbox which is time wasted. Sometimes it's 11 other people waiting on you. This chat needs to get sorted out. This issue and the disappearing channels.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup having this issue too, temporarily we're using XBL party chat, but with larger groups that also has it's own issues... :sweat:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Yup having this issue too, temporarily we're using XBL party chat, but with larger groups that also has it's own issues... :sweat:

Having 12 people in a xbox party for a trial is not ideal either. This issue sucks. One of the most annoying ones yet.

If you even go into a xbox party, you need to do a hard reset to get your chat back. And if you happen to go into a party after that? gotta reset again. It's out of control.