The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mountain themed DLC

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Or should I better say Vampire or Werewolf.

1)Landscape
2)Theme
3)Differentiation
4)Combat improvements.

1)Landscape
Dense forrests and mountainous terrain with many peaks and maybe a large castle area at one them. A public dungeon but NOT an underground closed space area. More like a castle with different sections and open sky in most of it. One section would have a gate that leads to the 4man dungeon.
I would like to see deep chasms in which if a player falls they insta die.
I would like to see slops or cliffs that prevent players from hoping on a mount and sprint from point A to B in a straight line.
The environment should be punishable for those that dont tread carefuly.
I would like to see destroyed air bridges that force the players to go around, climp a path(that would kill you if you fell down) of descent down in order to get across.
I would like to see a couple of areas woth extremelly dark forests and dangers lurking. Maybe the introduction of a torch.

2)Theme
The 4man Dungeon boss and other enemy npcs of the map can be either vampires or werewolves. Perhaps with large HP and strong AoE attacks or knock back attacks that could send a player flying down a cliff. If the map becomes interesting and challenging to navigate, maybe the compat with strong vampires or werewolves in dark forests and tall mountain summits would be satisfiying.
Maybe this part of Tamriel is facing dark times and this small village where the vestige turned up to is in need of saving from the evil residents of the castle on the mountain.
Also less wayshrines.
Breton DLC? Not sure if it is lore friendly.

3)Differentiation
So far we have seen these 2 scenarios bellow:
The King invites outsiders to help.
Orsinium
Morrowind
Clockwork
Summerset
The vestige gets invited, chats with royalty in the courts surrounded by a massive City that somehow is in deep shiet.....

Vestige joins an organization
Thieves Guild
Dark Brotherhood
The vestige joins criminals that turn out to be the good guys and one of them is a traitor working with the authoroties of the map....who are the bad guys....
Every character in those organizations is funny and charming and they all fight to protect the map from some 'dictator'

I propose that this mountain, vampire or werewolf DLC is non of that.
No kings and big cities. No invitations. No organizations. Simply a small village facing horror and the vestige ends up in there to fight the terrors of the night in a new refreshing terrain that is not about hoping on the mount and go straight to the point of interest.
There is no need for new mechanics like climbing ladders/rocks.
Just fissures that insta kill people that fall down.

4)Combat improvements.
I would like to see generic skills like mist form, or role playing skills found in WW and vampire skill lines replaced with 3 stamina skills and 3 magika skills that will find their way in real Vampire/werewolf builds.
This is a chance to reintroduce a path of choice beyond classes.
In addition perhaps new gear sets that would boost the performance of builds that slot active Vampire/WW skills would make things more interesting, and give a reason for players to farm on this new maps contents.
Fighters guild should also be improved to cope with the improvements of Vampires/WW. It should make sense and be lore friendly.

Key points:
Dark mountains, dark forests, castle, vampire or werewolf.
Challenging terrain that prohibits horse riding and wayshrine jumping.
Improved enemy NPCs. Not old cragloer difficulty. Just large HP, strong AoE and knock back atks
Improvement of vampire werewolf Fighters Guild

How can it all start?
Welp Zos. Send an NPC to find us and ask us to go to fighter guild hall. And they will send us to the mountains
Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 30, 2018 2:30PM
  • Frugl1
    Frugl1
    Soul Shriven
    Summerset has plenty of mountains for you! :smiley:
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frugl1 wrote: »
    Summerset has plenty of mountains for you! :smiley:

Ye but the are not engaging terrains.
    They are just empty places that shrink the map size.
    I am talking about a map on top of mountains