The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magsorc PvP tips

ReverseVenom
ReverseVenom
✭✭✭
Alright so I've made several of these threads with different character types but I do enjoy playing different classes and I'm not arrogant enough to assume I know everything and starting off with some guidance is always nice

anyways

I'm running netches touch/jullianos(thinking of switching juli out for spinners) with 1pc shadowrend 5xlight 2xheavy

lightning staff: mages wrath/frags/bound armour/force pulse/hardened ward/ destro ult
resto staff: surge/mines/curse/streak/bound armour/ negate

have about 36k mag, 1700 mag recov, 2000 spell damage and 22k health in cyro

any gameplay tips, skill combos, interesting strategies are appreciated.
Nerf mudcrabs
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought is that frags, curse and 2/3 of force pulse isn't lightning damage so netch is a bit of a waste. Generally speaking, netch only beats julianos if over 75% of damage is lightning.

Second thought, you don't have a lot of sustain and also very little stam.

I'm no expert at all but my pvp sorc runs 5 shackle, 5 lich (back bar), master destro front and 1 domihaus. I find shields are enough damage mitigation so I run 5/1/1 for max resources + light armour passives.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meta next patch will be something like 5 5 2 and 1p front bar, for example 5 spinners body pieces 5 lich back bar and jewelry 2p engine guardian and asylum inferno or master inferno front bar depending if they keep frags cc gone.

Lightning staff is for aoe based damage and it isnt great for pvp unless its some niche build like a mNB bomber. Netches touch is overrated due to the fact that it only increases lightning damage and is a flat value compared to something like julianos which gets increased by surge and all of that. At least with spinners you take care of the heavy armour meta in pvp whivh is vital. Go inferno.

When youre defending or taking a keep in a zerg fight youre either running destro ult or if there is communication run negate magic for a coordinated stop. Throw yourself at zergs and big groups, line of sight in your fights against them. Survive as long as possible. Best potions to run are tripots and immovable with magic and whatever other effect that goes with, also detect pots for nightblades(pretty sure there is immovable+detection). Majority of nightblades arent great without cloak so keep curse on them at all times and if you notice they dont have good builds while fighting and rely on cloak thats when you bust out detect pots when you go for your burst ultimate combo. You'll wanna run immovable for 1vx situations or against good players who keep u on cc off cooldown or stam toons in general. When some1 gap closes in your mines and youre low on stam or wanna be annoying streak over them(one of the very deflating things in the game), using mines againsy walls clogs them and it procs them closer to each other =more burst. 5 1 1 for max stats always. If youre on ps4 na we can duel.
    The Flyers
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also you have focused on spell damage, leaving your magicka (and therefore shield size) woefully low, yet spent 2 slots on a % boost to magicka. As your base magicka is low, the benefit from bound armour is also low.

I would focus instead on sets that improve your magicka. Especially for next patch.
    I'd also drop bound aegis in favour of inner light on front and another shield or heal on back.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone! very informative posts

I don't really have a problem with sustain because I'm a beton but I do agree with the fact I should part with netches, spinners and lich sounds like a good combo?
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 29, 2018 3:11PM
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I generally prefer to read, and the fact that multiple people can give advice is why I made this. thanks for the video though
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns he said don't do no CP with sorc?! But that's just silly
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did spot that!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I did spot that!

I kind of agree. On a class more dependent on max stats that spell/wpn-dmg, that 20% loss is a big nerf.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorcs certainly aren't terrible in no-CP, but I'm not sure just how well his setup would work in that environment. You will take more hits to your health in no-CP, due to shields being far, far smaller, and you won't be able to do as much dodge rolling (smaller base stamina pool, less stamina regen, more expensive dodge rolls, more expensive break free, and no 80% stamina cost reduction after breaking free).

You can die incredibly fast with full Impen gear in no-CP, but it's even worse with 0 crit resistance. I've played around a little on Mag Warden with certain setups that only had 1 or 2 Impen pieces (just because that's what gear I had available in certain sets), and if any halfway competent player glanced in my direction, it was either hold block or instadeath. Sorcerer has it a bit better, due to vastly superior mobility and better shielding, but I can't help but think getting instawrecked right through shields wouldn't be a semi-common occurrence vs good players, especially if targeted by more than 1 person.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I did spot that!

I kind of agree. On a class more dependent on max stats that spell/wpn-dmg, that 20% loss is a big nerf.

It’s huge. You can build adequate damage and sustain, defense and sustain, or defense and damage but not all 3
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »

I did spot that!

It’s huge. You can build adequate damage and sustain, defense and sustain, or defense and damage but not all 3

You don't need to build for dmg with 3 of the best proc sets ever made
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 30, 2018 3:43AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds