The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crowns for gold?

SwampRaider
SwampRaider
✭✭✭✭✭
would gifting crown store items to people and asking for gold in return be against the TOS? If not, I can see a whole new revenue stream. Obviously there wil lbe scammers, but for honest folks, This could be an opportunity to turn real money into gold.

I figured this would happen to ESO eventually.
Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
Alliance: DC
Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone correct me if my terminology is wrong, but wouldn’t that essentially count as real world trading? (Aka something that is against the TOS in all MMOs I’ve played)
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This requires a lot of trust on both parties...so I don't see folks having a lot of success trying this.

You can send the gift with no guarantee of gold payment, or you can send the gold with no guarantee of gift. In the event that one party doesn't follow through, you have no recourse for compensation.

I'd say only scammers would be involved in this.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    In theory if you could somehow convert a crown store item to say a voucher that went into your inventory and then trade the voucher to another player then it could work. I think that would be a headache to program though.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    would gifting crown store items to people and asking for gold in return be against the TOS? If not, I can see a whole new revenue stream. Obviously there wil lbe scammers, but for honest folks, This could be an opportunity to turn real money into gold.

I figured this would happen to ESO eventually.

We don't have a clear answer yet.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ and i hope we don't either. Keep the two things seperate.

Right now there is a gold system, and soon there will be this Crown gift system. Having cross over will lead to P2W pretty rapidly.

If people choose to risk exchanges thats on them, ZOS can say unlucky as the system wasn't designed for it. Once they get involved it would.get messy I think

Like.right now you can pay a scammer $$ for Gold. But do it and ZOS can say nothing to do with us, and in fact you can get a ban.

Real world purchase of progression / XP / CP / Weapons / GOLD is all fundamentally wrong.

Gifting folks Crown stuff to mates is cool. People just need to behave
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a system already in game that could actually make this work. The code system. But in this case the person won't be able to get their Crown store item until they pay the gold.

I'm sure it won't happen, but it's entirely possible.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope we can sell crown store items for gold and it be allowed, and not bannable.
    i am a pvp player, so i am allways broke and need Gold.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution: make Crown Traders (like guild traders), and put the crown store items on sale there.

ZoS could earn lots of cash this way, so it’s not impossible