The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Got Framerate and sound cutting issues specially in big cities, how to fix?

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm having this problem even though my PC is at the recommended specs, I have i3 2.00ghz, nividia 920mx 2 gb, 4gb ram.

The problem is even when I lower quaility nothing changes at all even at the lowest.

Also for note other players and npcs in big cities take some time to load.

I don't mind reducing quality for better performance, but that doesn't change anything

Need help here
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had similar problem and that was because my cpu was overheating too much/working too much.
    I fixed it by dusting it off to lower the temperature.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    I had similar problem and that was because my cpu was overheating too much/working too much.
    I fixed it by dusting it off to lower the temperature.

well i just bought this laptop so it can't be that
  • Sicsoo
    Sicsoo
    ✭✭
    for the sound, did you try lowering your sample rate in the hardware sound options? try use the lowest setting.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sicsoo wrote: »
    for the sound, did you try lowering your sample rate in the hardware sound options? try use the lowest setting.

is that an ingame setting or something outside?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if that is the problem but that is outside of the game.

Right click "speaker" icon in down right corner and click "playback devices".
    Right click your active playback device(the one with green tag) and click "properties".
    click "advanced" and there you can adjust your "sample rate".

Since you use laptop make sure that it is using the graphic card and not the built in cpu graphic.
    Edited by Yakidafi on April 29, 2018 5:58PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA