The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug - Random furniture effects disappear

bellatrixed
bellatrixed
✭✭✭✭✭
I have decorated extensively since housing came out and haven't had this issue until now.

I am decorating an Erstwhile Sanctuary and keep having an issue where the animated effects disappear from various items. It is mostly happening on my Blue Flame Braziers and Clockwork Calibration items, but I also had random candles no longer have flames and my dwemer fountain randomly not showing water.

Every time this has happened I've asked the other people I'm with if they can see the effects, and they can--so it's something client side. These items are NOT off, they are on, but I can turn them off and then back on to get the effect to appear. This isn't a suitable solution for items placed out of reach, though!

All 3 blue flame braziers are "on" in this image.

vs2ukcq.jpg

And both of the clockwork calibrations are "on" but only one has effects.

8hiaEVf.jpg

Anyone else have this issue? It's killing my buzz, because I put so much care in having a certain aesthetic and then the effect randomly vanishes. :(
ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem as well, the fix was to increase the Maximum Particles, mine are now at 1260 but you might need to adjust until you get a number that works.

I suspect it's all the waterfalls in this home that are using up all those particle effects
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the help! I set mine at 1260 and saw no difference... so I kept setting it higher and higher, still nada... but I maxed it out and finally most things in the house were lit. My blue flame braziers were still half lit and half off though. Ugh! But at least the ceiling lights are working.

I haven't had this happen in any other house so you're probably right about it being due to Erstwhile being so huge with so many waterfalls. I wish this would get a look at by the devs though, because it kinda stinks to spend so much on a house and not be able to use pretty lights!

oVn2cWx.jpg
    Edited by bellatrixed on April 29, 2018 6:04AM
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms