Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can anyone explain the story of Fighters guild?

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't understand the questline. At all.
Why did Sees-All-Colors kill Jofnir? And specifically, what's up with the skeleton (Jofnir's body?) in Ragnthar? What's the point of that?
I just basically don't understand why did Jofnir keep appearing and all that.
Edited by Octopuss on January 26, 2018 11:32AM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first rule about the fighter' guild is don't talk about the fighters guild..
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taken from the UESP page for the final quest.
    Colors confesses that she did indeed kill Jofnir. She worships Meridia who told her to mobilize the guild to oppose Molag Bal. Jofnir refused to listen to her, and Colors felt she had to kill him. She trusts you and asks you to decide her fate. You can talk to her more, or you can decide right away. If you continue talking to her, she says she thinks Aelif serves Molag Bal. She didn't tell Merric because he serves Stendarr and might not have understood her devotion to Meridia. You must decide to carry out the guild's sentence and kill her, or help her finish her mission.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't explain why Jofnir didn't go straight to Sovngarde, and the skeleton and stuff.
    @UppGRAYxDD lol :D
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. If he's around @Enodoc might be better help than me.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't particularly remember much about the skeleton. What's the question around that? But I assume Jofnir didn't go straight to Sovngarde because of unfinished business. Unfinished business is a great hindrance to a soul passing on.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My problem with this quest is that you find his skeleton in the Dwemer ruins...when it was previously stated Jofnir had died in his sleep. Did no one in the entire Fighter's Guild get even the tiniest bit suspicious that Sees-All-Colors couldn't produce his corpse???
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you follow the questline - you will find that Aeliff is holding Jofnir and won't let him pass on
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But why?
    And why in a dwemer dungeon?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Whole FG story is one big mess and I always read every quest.

MG story is crazy as it gets but there is a logic in insanity / black humor.

I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    anyone besides me take the staff from the earthfordge? if so do you know if after finishing quest its made for if I get to keep it or not? currently its better than my other staff so I actually been using it on my back bar lol
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jnelson1182 when you finish you get to choose one too keep.
    It used to be a good way of getting prismatic enchant but the set its from isn't that greats and you can get the enchant elsewhere now (hakeijo) but yes to answer your question
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    the staff I got isn't from any set, at least it doesn't say 1 of anything nor list any bonuses. I have still been using it quite a lot since besides bsw resto and lightning staff along with embershield flame staff I haven't gotten any staff for really any set I use, only good thing about the embeshild staff is that mixing it with jusnone other pc from set gives me a good health bonus compared to just using a random staff. I recently got the wizards Riposte set and flame staff but am unsure how useful the set would be on my mag dk
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    But why?
    And why in a dwemer dungeon?

Probably because Mages stuff takes place in the Ayelid Ruins.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"