The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

House idea: small shop or store

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Homesteading is all living space, but in another thread we were discussing all the junk we accumulated during the bday event for later resell. It gave me the idea for a house that’s a small shop instead of a home.

The “urban” areas would make more sense - wayrest, ebonheart. Such a homestead could be inspired by the MANY places like this you encounter in Paris, which have a first floor storefront and then second floor living space. (These go back to the Middle Ages).

It would be sort of fun to decorate the first floor with all sorts of things for sale. It could be a bakery, grocery store, armory (some day, when there are furnishings for this), dress shop, a boulengerie, hmm...a motif shop, bookstore. Or hey, I’m in California, it could be one of those shops with the green cross out front that are entirely legal now, lol.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom small shop! Small shop!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    I have Daggerfall Overlook and I put a merchant stall in the garden with my merchant. I filled the stall with food and put some sacks and baskets on either side. I think it looks really well especially at night because I hid a light in the stall roof so it gives off nice lighting. One of my favourite things about my house.
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    20180406171134_1.jpg

20180331213704_1.jpg

here is my banker at the Ebonheart chateau
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • Breelyn
    Breelyn
    ✭✭✭
    Oh this is a great idea! I would love to have a small building to decorate as my own alchemy shop. I have a room in one of my homes decorated with lots of bottles, plants,and glowing stones but having a store to decorate would be awesome. Also a bookstore or a bakery would be a lot of fun to decorate.
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    Breelyn wrote: »
    Oh this is a great idea! I would love to have a small building to decorate as my own alchemy shop. I have a room in one of my homes decorated with lots of bottles, plants,and glowing stones but having a store to decorate would be awesome. Also a bookstore or a bakery would be a lot of fun to decorate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp83m_4DAPU

I have a similar ideal as you for making themed rooms
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to post this but I did a search first. I agree with op
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some ideas, check out the video below by Tezzer. She has created several shops in one build and it has some great ideas.
    https://youtu.be/dZjLbA3Omoo
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    I have a small clothier store called Tamriel Home Textiles on PC EU in my Sister of the Sands apartment.
    It sells wall clothes, rugs, pillows etc.

I have seen guildies set up amazing stores as well, from alchemist shop to pottery store.
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breelyn wrote: »

I decorated my elven closet, i mean Mara's inn room in Vukhel guard as a tiny alchemist shop :) so it can definitely be done :)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    Here’s my Nuzhimeh’s “Threads of Tamriel“ Shop!
    I have made several changes and swapped out some plants and fabrics since I made this build several months back. But these were already saved on my phone lol. Hope it inspires someone! Its not impossible to make your own shop even in a tiny space like the one I chose here, only 200 slots with eso plus! This is the staple home in Kenarthi’s Roost!
    My fav part of this build is my custom sewing machine/table!! 😍

65w3rr60nab8.jpeg
    pb7p8tdr7ga2.jpeg
    ideksc1oulzh.jpeg
    dflk21dq48v0.jpeg
    p8rxr95of6ip.jpeg
    i4hsoh6uva7h.jpeg
    cg0202l60wgx.jpeg
    4kkbd9nsuqu4.jpeg
    gggj1muq0156.jpeg
    nfky1430et3k.jpeg
    s8zms3ctycde.jpeg
    ktc5wymojrc5.jpeg
    juyd6rb34g7e.jpeg
    oxgxo2cy1blp.jpeg
    yflr72mchyfw.jpeg
    0dd4oadwu1ao.jpeg
    lvkn3bt7duy0.jpeg
    v6jitwumsq8c.jpeg
    juw8kld8qvcy.jpeg
    v7pn41wvyufw.jpeg
    d6d17ewbtc8v.jpeg
    z9kaxpvlf07c.jpeg
    a1w9w8sfxauj.jpeg
    778hfd0vdup4.jpeg
    dn7s6of0s8ho.jpeg
    Edited by TwIsTeDReDQuEeN on November 5, 2019 1:54PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I love your sewing machine lol
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - it would be really nice to have a purpose-built shop, with a shop area downstairs, a storage/crafting area basement and a living apartment upstairs.

I guess the only problem is that if you mean one with a proper shopfront, it would just have to look the same for everyone, from the outside?

However, you are right that if you made each of them a specific kind of shop, like a bakery, or a dress shop, or whatever, then the exterior could look a certain way for everyone and still fit the owner's theme sufficiently, assuming the owner decorated the inside accordingly.

The only down side is that it would reduce the options available to the owner, dramatically, if they wanted the outside and the inside of the store to match, but it would be really nice to have some proper shop fronts, in towns, anyway.

Currently, everything looks like a house, from the outside.