Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Your prediction is: bug fixes or exploit fixes?

wrlifeboil
wrlifeboil
✭✭✭✭✭
So what will the patch notes say? Bug fixes or exploit fixes?

I predict exploit fixes. Unplanned maint is usually for gamebreaking exploits. All those level 50s are finding all the exploits I bet.

They could have done routine bug fixes in the early morning EDT (4am or 5am EDT) when hardly anyone would be playing.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps both, It seems they want to push bug fixes out as quickly as possible. I wouldn't consider aoe grinding on mobs an exploit, they're just killing mobs at the xp level the devs set it to.
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    To bring it down like this its something pretty substantial, that may have been jeapordizing the gameplay experience, if you noticed they disabled mail before the server came down. my guess is gold sellers using exploits.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    @Varko: I certainly hope you're right.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    One other reason to take the server down for an unplaned outage like this is because an issue developed that was causing backend server instability. A memory leak, database commit que build up, or process over-run could all cause an emergency maintenance. You need to take the server off line before it get to bad and crashes doing more damage.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :p
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    what exploids? if you are lvl 50 in 3 days then I think you get bored pretty fast... and have not seen a lot of the game.
    I think bug for sure, as there was a lot broken. Maby even a good reset ?
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect it's got a lot more to do with ensuring the server architecture is ready for the influx of players starting today and 3-day early access than anything worthy of patch notes.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I predict that all they've done is let the hamsters have a little break.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now they're in the final countdown. Early Release is basically a test run for final official release.

They've undoubtedly got a lot of people burning the candle at both ends around the clock with bug fixes, exploit fixes, forum adjustments, hardware adjustments, database optimization, etc, etc, etc.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • FTWhitledge
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Right now they're in the final countdown. Early Release is basically a test run for final official release. .

Maybe if they had a better beta test phase then the Early Release would be going smoother. It's starting to seem like they were unprepared for launch.

• viperdemonzub17_ESO
    viperdemonzub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    its not official release yet still in a sort of test phase patience it will work out
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    Right now they're in the final countdown. Early Release is basically a test run for final official release. .

Maybe if they had a better beta test phase then the Early Release would be going smoother. It's starting to seem like they were unprepared for launch.

Their Beta tests were much smoother than others at each stage. And overall this has been a smooth launch. Yes...it's had its issues. What game doesn't? Hasn't? Like Aion and SWTOR, this was one of the most anticipated games. NO game is bug-free. SWTOR is still a memory eating beast of a client. It has its DCs and bugs to this very day. Sometimes you people expect way too much when you couldn't do any better if at all. How many queues did you have to wait in so far? Me either. Spammers are in every game so can't complain about em here as if this is the only game that has 'em. To steal a part of your closing line, "It's starting to feel like.." your expectations are entirely too high. If you can help them or do it better then do so. THEN you can complain. Until then we just have to enjoy it as much as we can and hope it smooths out soon.
  • PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs cause exploits. Fix the bug, the exploit is fixed. It's not an either-or situation.
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    I'm betting on the gold sellers and, perhaps, even the chat spammers...there were a number of things that were issues that maybe they can shore up OUTSIDE of in-game quest bugs, etc. Also overall server stability...there will be a huge influx of players on Friday...probably need to take a good look around the foundation again! Ha! Those lvl rushing? well, yeah, not really an exploit, just a way to make sure you don't enjoy the game but can brag about what level you are! Okay, okay, that was snarky! :wink: sry!
  • ccwbrwb17_ESO
    Right now they're in the final countdown. Early Release is basically a test run for final official release.

Listen I understand the need for the downtime but if I have to read one more statement as the above I will have to bang my head against the wall.

This is early access. It is a PAID FOR privilege. I PAID the extra cash so I could play 5 days earlier as I am sure countless others did.

I can excuse the fact the server had to be brought down to fix a major issue, but I cannot for one second justify that this early access is a 'test run' leading into 'official' release.

Sorry, I dont want to purely direct at you, but I have seen countless posts elude to the same damned thing. THIS IS NOT ANOTHER ROUND OF BETA.

• Coran_Rhall
    Coran_Rhall
    Soul Shriven
    The interesting thing is that only the US server has been taken down. If it was a serious exploit I'd expect that the EU server would also be taken down.

Hence I'd expect it's either bug fixes or the suggested patches for stuff that effects the server, on the assumption that the US server was getting more work than the EU one. Of course, they could just be going on time zone.