The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New player help request!

Anakee
Anakee
Hey all,

So I have just returned to this game and haven't played since early stages of vanilla. I am currently leveling my character and am nearing level 50. A LOT has changed, no more Vet ranks i was familiar with and that everything scales with your level etc. I have been doing all my endgame research but there is something I really need some clear clarification on. When I hit level 50 I start gaining champion points, from what I have seen/read best thing to do is craft/buy Training gear and get myself to CP160, just by doing what I have been doing - Questing/Skyshards/delves etc. (skillpoints seem key to all posts read).

My question is basically, when I hit CP160 - What is my best way to get ready to do Vet dungeons and Trials etc. I am currently researching everything to be able to craft a medium set and weapons/bow (I play Stamblade) - So will crafting the Hundings rage/Night mothers setup and upgrading them to purple/yellow be enough to get me where I need to be for that content, or is there an in between step I am missing somewhere like farming a dropped set from specific bosses/dungeons/quests? Or will researching and crafting those sets going through that huge effort be a massive waste of time? Forgive if this sounds really nooby Its just really hard to find information for the game in its current build that is relevant to my question.

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Cheers, Anakee.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to get ready for dungeons would be find a PvE or social based guild where others can teach you.

You can check build sites like Deltia, Alcast (most popular) or Tamriel Foundry forums. It should be noted that most guides will focus on Best in Slot (BiS) builds for complete groups so may not have much for you in the way of entry level gear.

You should be fine with purple/gold C160 gear and a good build (skill choice) for most veteran content, the main thing to learn is the rotation and weaving light attacks to add damage.

There isn't really a progression system like other MMO games in regards to doing some content before others. Gear from trials does have benefits over crafted and dungeon drops but isn't required to hit the basic levels of DPS needed to clear content.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Karldor
    Karldor
    ✭✭
    As said above deltia and alchast have build guides, another i use is xynode all good and very informative. Each of them have guides as well in regards to crafting etc so might be worth a look.
    PS4 EU
    DK-Breton Tank
    Options