Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ESO Forums

Stoob
Stoob
✭✭
Probably not the right section, but considering I'm wanting to ask other players, not really mods, Thought it best to post in the "Players Helping Players" Section.

Does anyone know of, or know where I can find somewhere that explains the ins and outs of the ESO Forums?

I mean, I can't see explained anywhere about the Levels, What points are for, List of available badges, Who clicked "Agree" on your post, Yadda Yadda...
An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is anywhere that explains this thoroughly. You can think of the forum system as an exploration system! You have to participate in the forums, and you'll get badges along the way, of course you can also view other players profiles and see what badges they have, and figure out how to get them that way.

I think level is increased either by post count, or by point total, points are acquired by earning badges or people agreeing/liking/upping your post or however you want to call it.

You cannot see who agreed with you, as it seems to be a strictly anon system, unless of course they tell you they agree with you in the thread.
  • PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
    In beta you used to be able to see who rated your comments. Not sure what made them change that.

I would also like to know what the 'points' are for though.
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    I agree that the whole adventure of it seems great, but sometimes you just get curious as to what things stand for.

I've also been quite curious as to why the support team have "Admin, Moderator" with their name, and not just the higher rated rank of the 2.

It's just all starting to puzzle me as to why they went with such a complicated forum system.
  • Darlantan
    Darlantan
    ✭✭✭
    I admit, it's not the best forum i ever visited but it's not the worse. It does not help seeing all the 3 language section even if you choose one language. It only add too the confusion. It might be a bug but i hope when we chose a language we can hide the other 2 sections if we want...

Does the forum have a plain simple discussion section?
    We are One >:)
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    Not that I've seen...
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I find the forum system to be fun personally, and I don't mind the other languages being there, personally if i was in their shoes, I'd say it would make me feel more like I'm part of the community with everyone together like it is now. I also have no problem navigating the forum as it is now, just click links of the language you can understand :D
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    Stoob wrote: »
    I agree that the whole adventure of it seems great, but sometimes you just get curious as to what things stand for.

I've also been quite curious as to why the support team have "Admin, Moderator" with their name, and not just the higher rated rank of the 2.

It's just all starting to puzzle me as to why they went with such a complicated forum system.
    To explain the support teams levels or "rank" is like this, if you look at their posting history, they really don't have much posted up on the forums. They only post when they need to, while we have the freedom to post as we want to. Majority of their posts are about bugs, glitches, or server status updates, which are pretty frequent since the release from beta this Monday. They know what they are doing, don't worry.

Just remember, foruming is a privilege, not a right.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    Stoob wrote: »

To explain the support teams levels or "rank" is like this, if you look at their posting history, they really don't have much posted up on the forums. They only post when they need to, while we have the freedom to post as we want to. Majority of their posts are about bugs, glitches, or server status updates, which are pretty frequent since the release from beta this Monday. They know what they are doing, don't worry.

Just remember, foruming is a privilege, not a right.

All I'm curious over, is why they display both ranks, as opposed to the usual single rank.