The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like One Handers/Two Handers that gave back magika

artyportub17_ESO
artyportub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I've been playing a battle mage sorc.
But I have found it hard to upkeep my magica
I think having one handed weapons that give back magica instead of stamina would be awesome.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been wanting that since launch
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but with the summerset changes this actually isnt needed anymore. you have two handed weapons based on magicka: staves. the only thing we could wish for is a one hand magicka weapon, which can be used together with a shield, everything else is actually provided.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it would be nice. The problem I have with the game is that battle mages wielding swords have heavy and light attacks that hit like a wet noodle since they're only buffed by stamina and weapon damage.

Summerset is buffing certain weapon light attacks by a huge amount. Staff light attack weaving will be something on the order of 12,000 DPS since they're getting buffed by both magic and spell damage. A full-blown magic user with swords will be missing out on the tidal wave buff since they'll still be getting low damage light and heavy attacks.