The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is ESO+ worth it for someone who doesn't have a lot of time?

TiredKhajiit
TiredKhajiit
✭✭
Hey guys! I've been thinking about getting ESO+ recently, the only problem is I don't have a ton of time to dump into the game. On top of personal life I also have other hobbies I enjoy and games I like to play. I've been getting into ESO quite a bit more lately, but I still just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth if I'm going to purchase it.

So, would you say ESO+ is worth it for someone who plays the game for around 4-10 hours a week? (Not a definite number, but it's a rough idea)
"M'aiq is tired now. Go bother somebody else."
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    4-10 hrs a week IMO does not warrant ESO+ I play roughly 6 hrs a day and would be lost without it.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand, it will save you time sorting inventory to allow you more playing. Will $0.50/day go to waste in your opinion if you spend the $0.50 but get nothing in return (don't play that day)

4 hours a week, either all at once or spread out imo no, its not worth it.

10 hours a week, you may find that the craft bag and double storage space helps significantly enough to keep you "playing" and not just performing inventory management.

I'd recommend trying it out once all your storage and other stuff becomes time consuming. For example, I subbed for the anniversary event just because all the rewards were effortlessly stored. This week I'm getting free crown crates as a bonus for having eso+.

Also, a lower level account usually doesn't run into as many storage problems as a max level, and if you haven't completed the main story, you have a ton of content ahead of you before you get to the dlc stuff.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the price of two meals at McDonald. If you play 10 hours/week you are looking at a monthly cost of about $0.30/hour of entertainment where the benefits could be helpful.
    Edited by Istoppucks on April 25, 2018 4:36PM
  • TiredKhajiit
    TiredKhajiit
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I may consider waiting until after I complete the main story to get it, as otherwise I might end up spending money and not playing the DLC.

Also, the crafting bag seems really nice, as most of my inventory is currently taken up by crafting stuff :P
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends upon your budget and your tendency to hoard. Thing is, if you have little time, you could potentially end up wasting it all managing your inventory. ESO+ is primarily an inventory management buff at this point in time. Personally, I find it very frustrating to play without it, so I just take a few months off here and there when my occasional single month sub ends. For example, I have a sub for another week+. After it ends, I will take a break and then sub for one month when Summerset drops. After playing that for a month, I'll probably wait for the next story-based DLC before subbing again.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Istoppucks wrote: »
    Its the price of two meals at McDonald. If you play 10 hours/week you are looking at a monthly cost of about $3/hour of entertainment where the benefits could be helpful.

Or the OP could play the game quite fine with giving away additional money and avoid eating garbage at the same time.
  • Powder_ESO
    Powder_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Its the price of two meals at McDonald. If you play 10 hours/week you are looking at a monthly cost of about $3/hour of entertainment where the benefits could be helpful.

This math is incorrect unless I'm missing something. 10hrs/week, 4 weeks in a month = 40 hrs played
    $17.99 CAD per month for ESO+ sub
    17.99 divide by 40hrs = $0.45 per hour of entertainment where the benefits can be helpful.

On top of this you get access to all DLC, unlimited crafting bag (which will give you more actual playing time rather than inventory management) and approx $15 worth of Crowns each month.
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    You WILL have a lot of time... >:)
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Powder_ESO wrote: »
    Its the price of two meals at McDonald. If you play 10 hours/week you are looking at a monthly cost of about $0.30/hour of entertainment where the benefits could be helpful.

This math is incorrect unless I'm missing something. 10hrs/week, 4 weeks in a month = 40 hrs played
    $17.99 CAD per month for ESO+ sub
    17.99 divide by 40hrs = $0.45 per hour of entertainment where the benefits can be helpful.

On top of this you get access to all DLC, unlimited crafting bag (which will give you more actual playing time rather than inventory management) and approx $15 worth of Crowns each month.

$15 us so its a little bit over $0.30 , if he only got 4 hours a week it would be more.
    Edited by Istoppucks on April 25, 2018 4:46PM
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double post

Edited by Istoppucks on April 25, 2018 4:35PM
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the crowns also pay for the eso plus.
    Edited by Istoppucks on April 25, 2018 4:38PM
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double post
    Edited by Istoppucks on April 25, 2018 4:45PM
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why its double posting everything
  • TiredKhajiit
    TiredKhajiit
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Depends upon your budget and your tendency to hoard. Thing is, if you have little time, you could potentially end up wasting it all managing your inventory. ESO+ is primarily an inventory management buff at this point in time. Personally, I find it very frustrating to play without it, so I just take a few months off here and there when my occasional single month sub ends. For example, I have a sub for another week+. After it ends, I will take a break and then sub for one month when Summerset drops. After playing that for a month, I'll probably wait for the next story-based DLC before subbing again.

This is what I'd probably end up doing, as I don't play the game for months on end. If I do get it I was planning on getting it for three months, and then seeing how into the game I was and all once it was over, to decided if I wanted to pay for it for any longer.
    Edited by TiredKhajiit on April 25, 2018 5:26PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a similar amount of time (although for me it varies a lot from week to week) and I don't think ESO+ is worth it to me. I don't have trouble with inventory management (without crafting materials I'm not sure what I'd do with bank space) and I get better value by buying the DLC directly so it's there whenever I want it without having to keep paying for it.

The only other subscription benefit I'm interested in is the ability to dye costumes, and I only need to do that occasionally as I get new costumes, characters or dyes.

Which reminds me - there's currently a free ESO+ trial going on, which is a great opportunity to check out the benefits and decide if you like it. Open the Crown Store in the game and look for the free trial item on the first page, that will activate all the ESO+ benefits (except you won't get 1,500 crowns) so you can try it out and see if it's something you think you'd get a lot of benefit from.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TiredKhajiit
    TiredKhajiit
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I play a similar amount of time (although for me it varies a lot from week to week) and I don't think ESO+ is worth it to me. I don't have trouble with inventory management (without crafting materials I'm not sure what I'd do with bank space) and I get better value by buying the DLC directly so it's there whenever I want it without having to keep paying for it.

The only other subscription benefit I'm interested in is the ability to dye costumes, and I only need to do that occasionally as I get new costumes, characters or dyes.

Which reminds me - there's currently a free ESO+ trial going on, which is a great opportunity to check out the benefits and decide if you like it. Open the Crown Store in the game and look for the free trial item on the first page, that will activate all the ESO+ benefits (except you won't get 1,500 crowns) so you can try it out and see if it's something you think you'd get a lot of benefit from.

Yes, I did that the last time it happened, and my gosh was the crafting bag useful :P I never did any of the DLC stuff because I didn't think it was worth it since I only had it for a week anyway.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If your few hours a week include a lot of crafting (including housing) and/or farming, then the craft bag is definietly worth it IMO. If not, wait until you have a lot of stuff you want to store.

I play 10-30 hours a week, mostly farming and crafting, I couldn't not play the game without the CraftBag. Subbing since 2015.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I did that the last time it happened, and my gosh was the crafting bag useful :P I never did any of the DLC stuff because I didn't think it was worth it since I only had it for a week anyway.

Even if you aren't going to actually do the DLC yet, you should at least do the starter quests to go to it while you have free access. You get pets! (Well, for going to Thieves Guild you get a Jackal, anyway). Just for initially arriving there as part of the quest. And you keep the collectible after.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! I've been thinking about getting ESO+ recently, the only problem is I don't have a ton of time to dump into the game. On top of personal life I also have other hobbies I enjoy and games I like to play. I've been getting into ESO quite a bit more lately, but I still just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth if I'm going to purchase it.

So, would you say ESO+ is worth it for someone who plays the game for around 4-10 hours a week? (Not a definite number, but it's a rough idea)

I think it's worth it. It will reduce the time you spend on inventory management, what with the crating bag and double bank space. If your playtime is limited, why not make it that much more enjoyable?
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing to keep in mind is that you can use the crowns that come with ESO plus to purchase DLC content, I tend to do that when it goes on sale so I have it even if I let my subscription lapse.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    would suggest new players starting game clear all content before you buy eso + then get it for the extra content it gives you .

then you can decide if its worth paying the sub or not .