Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hi i seem to have Join a German Forums?

DanteYoda
DanteYoda
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello all i'm Australian and will be playing on the NA server, i seem to have been put on an EU forums i cannot read German or i think French, how do i access the actual English part of the forums or the NA forums.

Thanks in advance
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    Hmm, how about clicking on EN on the top (when you scroll all the way up and see the black bar)
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was hat er gesagt?
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Amalia
    Amalia
    the forums are not divided into different languages, just themes. I speak german and english (and understand some french) but it confuses me, too.

Hope this gets changed soon
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is clicked EN but all the forums are in German still??
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amalia wrote: »
    the forums are not divided into different languages, just themes. I speak german and english (and understand some french) but it confuses me, too.

Hope this gets changed soon
    All the Updates and patch notes are in German how are English speakers suppose to understand what been added in Announcements or updates?
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    well...a good time to learn a new language
    eine gute zeit eine neue sprache zu lernen
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly what a joke, and what a mess of a forum, if this is honestly the English speaking Forums.
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    If you look at this page: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/official-news-discussions you will see that there's multiple posts, just ignore the ones with other languages
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes i do see English ones now but you must wade through the other languages ones to see them, i still think its very messy had honestly hard to use.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Most sections of the forum are separated by language, except for the official news section where you do have to wade through. Apart from that I find it relatively easy to just use the category bar on the right side.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completely disagree nothing about this forum is easy.
  • Lascoux
    Lascoux
    I'm normally not one to be hyperbolic, but whoever designed the language formatting for this forum should be shot. It would be so easy and clean to do it other ways with other coding methodologies.
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    German isn't that far off from English if you can get the "gist" of it. The English language is mostly Germanic in nature with French and Latin being the other major compliments. And it wasn't difficult at all to find the English version above the other versions. It looks like they simply tried to think of everyone, but some people need everything to be about them and what THE can understand with no understanding of anything themselves. A sad commentary in and of itself!
  • Lascoux
    Lascoux
    Occam's Razor Godless, always. I think its a stretch to say that they did it for some hippy BS of "togetherness", when it is far more likely that the design is currently flawed or was not thought out. I got my activation code in an e-mail completely in German for cripes sake.
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    yea i think all forums are bunched together so just look at the 1st ones (they are usually the English one)
    | Calling all Aldmeri Dominion | Agents of the Dominion | Recruiting All AD |
    | Add @Morckie in Game | Discord: https://discord.gg/MhrDxqe |
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    The forums are multilingual. If you have EN selected, then the headers for each forum section will be in english and the german and french written below each heading is just repeating the forum subsection.

If you select FR or DE, then the subheadings will be in the appropriate languages, and english subheadings will be displayed in the text under each subheading.

This is not a flaw or fault in the forums, it is a design choice. As long as the sub headings are in your chosen language, then you are in the right language mode.
    SCHMACKEI - < Drunken Baѕtards >
    - The Ebonheart Pact - US
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    German isn't that far off from English if you can get the "gist" of it. The English language is mostly Germanic in nature with French and Latin being the other major compliments. And it wasn't difficult at all to find the English version above the other versions. It looks like they simply tried to think of everyone, but some people need everything to be about them and what THE can understand with no understanding of anything themselves. A sad commentary in and of itself!
    Its not about me, its about making the forum productive and easy to use, I don't care how close to the english language german is, i cannot speak it or understand it, i come here for information, not to learn other languages i have no use for.
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    I suppose, that the forums being mostly in German/French, It could suggest that the Head Office is based in Germany/France. This could also explain the lack of communication from the staff and LARGE delays in replied from Customer Support.
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vodka wrote: »
    yea i think all forums are bunched together so just look at the 1st ones (they are usually the English one)

Actually not on my screen there are like 6+ german ones at the top and i must scroll down to even see english, that why at first i thought i was bugged and in a german forums..
    Stoob wrote: »
    I suppose, that the forums being mostly in German/French, It could suggest that the Head Office is based in Germany/France. This could also explain the lack of communication from the staff and LARGE delays in replied from Customer Support.
    Which doesn't bode well for a brand new AAA mmo in my opinion.
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 2, 2014 8:01AM
  • Lascoux
    Lascoux
    Man I wish someone would come into these arguments who had a knowledge of aesthetic foundations, best practices, and web design. Oh wait, that condescending person is right here! The layout violates pretty much every efficiency practice for a webpage that I know of. It would be SO much easier if it just displayed things for your own language. There is 0 good reason for it to be conglomerated. It looks messy, is hard to navigate, and extends the dimensions of the sidebar.
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    Lascoux wrote: »
    Man I wish someone would come into these arguments who had a knowledge of aesthetic foundations, best practices, and web design. Oh wait, that condescending person is right here! The layout violates pretty much every efficiency practice for a webpage that I know of. It would be SO much easier if it just displayed things for your own language. There is 0 good reason for it to be conglomerated. It looks messy, is hard to navigate, and extends the dimensions of the sidebar.

Lol, They might as well have used something stupid like "MyPHPBB"!
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.