The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't Disable "Auto-Add to Craft Bag"

GizmoX64
GizmoX64
✭✭
Just started the ESO+ Trial, and hate the craft bag. **
Saw in the Settings > Gameplay > Auto-Add to Craft Bag = ON, is greyed out and I can't change the settings.

I was happy to see this option, but it doesn't work.
Please fix this option, or can I change it in the ini or is there an add-on?

** I hate the craft bag because I trade / split resources with my wife, I craft armor, weapons, she does runes, potions, and having to remove the items from the craft bag, confirm via prompt, and the whole screen goes dark, light, dark, light while doing this triggers her migraines. Then can start a trade is supper annoying and takes way to long.
  • Faylis
    Faylis
    ✭✭✭
    I would call this a first. This goes to prove no matter what, someone will always fine a way to hate something.
    Edited by Faylis on April 24, 2018 2:25PM
  • GizmoX64
    GizmoX64
    ✭✭
    Ah it seams one has to change characters for it to "detect" ESO+ and now the option to disable the craft bag works, Phew!
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    An alternative that would be nice would just be to have the option to switch over to pulling from the craft bag when performing a trade or attaching craft items to mail. This would eliminate the extra step of having to pull and item out of the craft bag into your inventory before it can be traded or mailed.

Similar if the bank could be accessed too or perhaps while in the bank have the option to put items directly into a message. I understand though ZOS will want to put some constraints on how you can access the bank.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faylis wrote: »
    I would call this a first. This goes to prove no matter what, someone will always fine a way to hate something.

I mean, I get what you are saying, but I can't blame someone for disliking a UI effect that gives them migranes. Those suck.
  • Faylis
    Faylis
    ✭✭✭
    Faylis wrote: »

I mean, I get what you are saying, but I can't blame someone for disliking a UI effect that gives them migranes. Those suck.

Not blaming, at all. They are entitled to the opinion they came too. I just find it striking that the ONE thing that is wildly regarded as the reason to have eso+ is disliked..

All good, you do you. Just taken aback

Edit: I feel ya on migraines.. had them since I was little...Zomig is my friend
    Edited by Faylis on April 24, 2018 4:40PM
  • GizmoX64
    GizmoX64
    ✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    An alternative that would be nice would just be to have the option to switch over to pulling from the craft bag when performing a trade or attaching craft items to mail. This would eliminate the extra step of having to pull and item out of the craft bag into your inventory before it can be traded or mailed.

Similar if the bank could be accessed too or perhaps while in the bank have the option to put items directly into a message. I understand though ZOS will want to put some constraints on how you can access the bank.

Totally agree there. If the bag was at least selectable in the in both of those screens it wouldn't be as bad.
    Also though I wish when taking materials out of the bag it would do the whole stack, and not prompt the spit stack window...
    it's just another click and UI element that's not needed. If we want to split the stack we select to do so.

It was also very weird that I had to turn off the auto-add to craft bag feature for each toon.
    At least it's off and we can continue to trade normally to eachother, and our bank add-on can continue to manage our inventory without any hiccups while we have ESO+
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    For future reference, all settings in the settings menu are per-character. They are not shared. It's annoying for sure :\ (i.e. auto-loot, turn off gameplay tips, etc)

If you're on PC, check out the Craft Bag Extended addon on ESOUI. It'll give you everything you've asked for I think. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1419-CraftBagExtended.html
    Edited by Pinesy on April 25, 2018 1:25PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • GizmoX64
    GizmoX64
    ✭✭
    Pinesy wrote: »
    For future reference, all settings in the settings menu are per-character. They are not shared. It's annoying for sure :\ (i.e. auto-loot, turn off gameplay tips, etc)

If you're on PC, check out the Craft Bag Extended addon on ESOUI. It'll give you everything you've asked for I think. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1419-CraftBagExtended.html

Indeed it does look like that, awesome, ty for that find.
    For the individual toon settings I use SetMeUp addon to keep almost all those settings uniform across toons.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1520-SetMeUp.html