Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

2 Handed Weapon Scaling

SpasticSpringbok
I dont know if there is a post about this already, but!

The 2 handed weapon scaling in the game is atrocious, i mean every 2 handed weapon besides the staff, looks like we are wielding a 1 handed weapon, with 2 hands. for example : Skyrim - the 2 handed weapons actually looked like 2 Handed weapons!!

This needs to be addressed, i love big weapons, heavy armored hard hitters, but with such tiny weapons, i have no interest in playing with a 2 handed weapon!!

Anyone got any thoughts?
Edited by SpasticSpringbok on April 2, 2014 6:39AM
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    No idea what you mean, my 2h sword looks pretty big... though i noticed the 2h axes tend to have shorter shafts... haha shaft..
    Edited by Varko on April 2, 2014 6:39AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really depends on how you built your character I think. (Possibly the style of the weapon as well.) On my beta character it looked way too big. That character was smaller and had thinner arms though. If you make a nord and max out the sliders, the weapon might look small.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    2-H swords look fine.

Agree that 2-H maces and axes look very stupid.

If your character is short, 2-H maces and axes sitll look stupid, but do tend to look better on your back then if you're tall. Small comfort.

Anyways, I do enough pvp, and get enough gear bags, that I always have a 2-H sword available for my level, which is good, because 2-H mace/axe looks too stupid for me to ever use. :disappointed_relieved:
  • SpasticSpringbok
    i have a breton warrior, she is TINY and the weapons only go past my buttocks, shouldnt they go past my knees at least? and yes i agree the axes and maces are the worst..
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    The style or motif the weapon was crafted in might be a factor too. Perhaps it's possible to learn a foreign style that will give you look you want. However that is just speculation since I have yet to use a 2 hander of any sort.

Or perhaps the Dev are fans of Spaceballs. "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!"
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    From what ive read, its due to low item levels. There was a similar thread on the unofficial forums about shields. At high levels, they are supposed to be quite larger.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    From what ive read, its due to low item levels. There was a similar thread on the unofficial forums about shields. At high levels, they are supposed to be quite larger.

That could quite possibly be true. I have noticed that the armor I craft looks sturdier the higher level it is.

Hey Jute, get in my bag

• reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im more concerned with the damage scaling on weapons. A dagger has pretty much the same damage as a 1 hand sword.

And a 2 hand sword isnt that far from the damage of a one hand sword.

talking about base damage here.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    As I understand it, all base damage will be the same for weapons of the same level regardless of weapon type. The effectiveness of the skills for that weapon will scale off of your stamina pool unless it is a staff then it will scale off of your magicka pool.

Hey Jute, get in my bag