Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A bug on quest: A Foot in the Door

KatastropheMei
KatastropheMei
Soul Shriven
In Reaper's March there is a quest A Foot In The Door that has a bug. Every time I try to fight either the Swordmaster Combatant or the Sorcerer Combatant it allows me to fight them until they are at about half health and then they stop fighting. They then go back to the beginning of the chat script as if I lost or never fought them. This is particularly frustrating for me because I am so close to completing the achievement for doing all the quests in the Aldmeri Dominion, a goal I have been working on for months. Has anyone else had this problem/knows how to bypass the bug? I have tried everything from abandoning the quest, to logging out of the game for an extended period of time, to deleteing my local saves on Ps4 and reinstalling the game.
  • KatastropheMei
    KatastropheMei
    Soul Shriven
    In Reaper's March there is a quest A Foot In The Door that has a bug. Every time I try to fight either the Swordmaster Combatant or the Sorcerer Combatant it allows me to fight them until they are at about half health and then they stop fighting. They then go back to the beginning of the chat script as if I lost or never fought them. This is particularly frustrating for me because I am so close to completing the achievement for doing all the quests in the Aldmeri Dominion, a goal I have been working on for months. Has anyone else had this problem/knows how to bypass the bug? I have tried everything from abandoning the quest, to logging out of the game for an extended period of time, to deleteing my local saves on Ps4 and reinstalling the game.

I grouped with someone who didn't have the bug and it finally worked!!! Thank goodness. Now I have the Dominion Hero title.
  • HousecarlKarl
    HousecarlKarl
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. I was able to get the sword master and summoner very easily, but when I do the sorcerer the same thing happens. There is also the ability for them to become Scary level and then it is almost impossible to do because they just reset before they die. I tried to get someone to help me in chat, but no one responded.
    The world is yours for the taking. Seize it and shape it to your own desire.