The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

entering areas where group ends up in 2 instances

Striderlongshanks
Why when doing some quests (not group quests, just regular ones) with 4 of my friends in a group of 5, when we enter some areas we all end up in same instance fine, other times on same quest we end up in 2 differant instances and no matter what we do (relogging/recall to leader/etc) can't get everyone back in same instance.

I know when try to enter a 4 man dungeon 5th person can't enter, gets a message to the effect maximun number of players allowed already in. This is differant, allows all to enter just not in same instance.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because in some areas your characters have to be in the same quest sequence. So if fir instance one toon has done it all and the rest havent you wont see the toon that has done it all. Example is entering Malabol Tor the first time with a group that has freed everyone. Different instances.
  • Striderlongshanks
    We all are in the same sequence, we start the quest(s) together and progress thru them all together.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that happen in a public dungeon once. We didn't realize we'd been split up so we ran to the first boss. The other two died to their boss while me and the guy I was with killed it and we were like "What happened to you guys?"
  • Striderlongshanks
    No offical response?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No offical response?

Good luck with that one :D:D:D:D
  • Striderlongshanks
    Still no response?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you are going to need to be a lot more specific before you get a response. Like, which quests? Which zone/area is this happening? Are all the people on the same quest stages or different?

You can also /bug when that happens. But a general "this happens some of the time" problem with no specifics isn't likely to get you an official response.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 22, 2018 1:27AM
  • Striderlongshanks
    Ok thx, next time happens i"ll write down specifics quest/zone/dungeon/etc
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thx, next time happens i"ll write down specifics quest/zone/dungeon/etc

I'd also suggest using the Ask For Help option in the in-game reporting options. That usually gets you an email from ZOS that won't fix your problem, that if you respond to with your problem, you'll usually get some actual help if they can.
  • Striderlongshanks
    Thx again, will do