Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Guides to repeatable quests?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
If this year's Anniversary Event is anything like last year's, it will be helpful to have information about the many daily repeatable quests around Tamriel (and the weeklies too). Surely a lot of these have already been created, so it would be great if people could link existing ones (and comment on any errors). I'll try to start us off by listing possible subjects, including:
  • Crafting writs.
  • Mages Guild dailies. (What's the requirement for getting these -- Level 25?)
  • Fighter's Guild dailies. (Ditto)
  • Undaunted pledges.
  • Do random daily dungeons count for the event? (At least, did they last year?)
  • Undaunted delve dailies. (What's the requirement for getting these -- the same Level 45 ceremony as gets you access to pledges?)
  • Craglorn landscape dailies. (Many old one-off quests were converted to dailies. I think Elinhir was a daily all along.)
  • Wrothgar delve dailies. (Morkul -- note that there two similarly "convenient" wayshrines.)
  • Wrothgar world boss dailies.
  • Thieves Guild heists.Thieves Guild reacquisition quests (delve and world boss). But not the Thieves Guild tip board.
  • Dark Brotherhood/Gold Coast. (Not something I know much about.)
  • Imperial City? (I have no clue.)
  • Vivec Temple District delve and world boss dailies. (Given in the same room in the Hall of Justice.)
  • Vvardenfell Ashlander dailies. (I have no clue.)
  • Clockwork City dailies. (Note that you have to be partway through the main regional quest line before you get the crow ones.)
  • Cyrodiil quest hubs. (It is approximately but not perfectly accurate to say that there are 5 quest hubs, with 2 quest givers each, who each have 5 quests per day to give.) But not the quests n the Cyrodiil alliance base cities.
  • Other quests that I have so little clue about that I can't even list them -- e.g. weeklies -- or else am simply forgetting at the moment.
  • Generality -- if you turn in a quest on a different day than you picked it up, what are the chances that you won't get a new one?
  • Generality -- dailies generally turn over at 2 am Eastern time. Are there any exceptions? What is this as expressed w.r.t. GMT?
  • Generality -- are the arrows for repeatable quests blue, green, or blue/green? :)
  • Which are shareable and which are not?
  • Generality: Which daily quests are particularly fast to do? (My list includes crafting writs and a couple of Cyrodiil quest hubs. Also, my thief is great at sneaking through delves and public dungeons, which make him very fast at some others.)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a pretty good rundown already.

The announcement post mentions that there will be an in-game book called the “Adventurer's Almanac, 2nd Edition" that will give info on available daily and weekly quests. That will likely fill in whatever gaps people aren't already aware of.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me like you pretty much have the list covered.

Here's a useful resource: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Repeatable_Quests
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Seems to me like you pretty much have the list covered.

Here's a useful resource: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Repeatable_Quests

Excellent list. Thanks!
    • It gives the prerequisites for the Vvardenfell repeatables, which is nice. Uh, are those accurate? And are they only for picking up, or do you also need the prerequisites to get a share?
    • I didn't know the Thieves Guild Heists could be done in a group!
    • I didn't know the Thieves Guild Reacquisition quests were shareable!
    • The list doesn't give the prerequisite for the Bursar of Tributes (i.e. crow) quests in Clockwork City, but I know what it is: You do the main Clockwork City quest line up to and including the one that involves crows. :)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For Imperial City you need to complete the quest line. That's seven quests, one per district and the final battle, sewers near base entrance. You get access to six district dailies after.

Writs cycle through a three day rotation. You can grab the writ Monday or Tuesday to double up on Wednesday, but not Sunday's because it will count as the same quest.

Wrothgar and Guild dailies send you to a random dungeon/zone/boss from a posible set. This can be different from player to player, or even characters. If you group up, have one player at a time grab the quest and share, you can do the daily more than once per day per character so long as the locations are different.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear:
    • Many repeatable quests give rewards in the form of a container.
    • Those containers in some cases can contain a motif page.
    • This is separate from the (second) container we'll get for each repeatable quest during the anniversary event.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    That's a pretty good rundown already.

The announcement post mentions that there will be an in-game book called the “Adventurer's Almanac, 2nd Edition" that will give info on available daily and weekly quests. That will likely fill in whatever gaps people aren't already aware of.

Unfortunately, that book turns out to be shockingly weak.

Anyhow -- I haven't tried any random dungeons yet for the event. Do we know whether they give a Jubilee box like other non-infinite repeatables do?
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a great guide I found on Reddit:

https://thallassathoughts.wordpress.com/2018/04/02/getting-the-most-daily-quest-rewards/

Really, REALLY useful guide IMO. Going to be using it the rest of the event, or at least until I can remember them all enough to do them without a reference.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »
    Here's a great guide I found on Reddit:

https://thallassathoughts.wordpress.com/2018/04/02/getting-the-most-daily-quest-rewards/

Really, REALLY useful guide IMO. Going to be using it the rest of the event, or at least until I can remember them all enough to do them without a reference.

Yeah. About the only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't answer the "random dungeon" question. :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested it personally, but consensus seems to be that random dungeons are NOT giving reward boxes.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tested it personally, but consensus seems to be that random dungeons are NOT giving reward boxes.

No they dont because they arent repeatable quests or even quests.

* The tip board and DB contracts do not give the box as they can be repeated multiple times a day. Pledges are a waste of time.

* The vvardenfell quests that unlock the dailies can be done in about an hour( assuming you also have to unlock the wayshrines to get to them),

* Two Clockwork city quests are by the wayshrine inside the brass fortress. One is a gather quest which is a bit time consuming because CWC doesnt have a lot to gather from and as part of the quest you have to run around one the multi level buildings for 10 minutes hunting for a certain item. It takes me nearly 30 minutes to do those two. Not really worth it.

* Pledges are the least efficient for getting boxes. Even the easiest dungeons take an average group15-30 minutes. Best case scenario, you are going to spend at least an hour for 3 pledges. You can do 2 to 4 times as many other dailies in the same amount of time.

*Fighters guild is also a poor choice. Even if you have all shrines unlocked and you get a good zone like auridon your going to spend 20-30 minutes for a single quest. You can do all 4 in the gold coast in the same time frame.Note: the gold coast quest are 2 per day but its easy to get shares for the other two that you didnt get.

*Mages guild and Undaunted quests are ok. Undaunted is delves. Mage guild is public dungeons, so if your not a strong fighter, it may take you a bit to get through the dungeon to get the quest.

* You can do up to 26 dailies in vvardenfell, if you get in a quest group( you will likely need a group for the WB anyway unless your really talented). 14 from the ashlander tribes by ald' ruhn on the west side of the mountain.12 from the halls of justice. To get access to the HoJ quests you have to start a quest given to you by an NPC on the road outside of seyda neen. This takes you down the road a bit into a tomb you have to run through and then to vivec palace, then to one of the cantons, back to vivec palace. after you complete that quest there will be a quest on noticeboards( posters). This opens the HOJ dailies. For the ashlander. you talk to an elf right outside ald' ruhn by a fence. You have to go collect some things from the coast line and put them on shrines around the village, go in a tomb just north of the village and then talk to the quest giver in the center of the village. After that you seem to hit a dead end. Now you need to go to the urshilaku camp which is all the way north of Ald' ruhn on the north coast and slightly left. Talk to an elf sitting on a box there.... the one on the left, not that one ranting to the right as you walk in the camp. Then go back to ald'ruhn and talk to a woman in the tent there. Now your dailies are unlocked. One will be across the fire pit of where you just turned in that quest. The other is a bit further down the path to the wayshrine on the left of the path in one of those two tents.

Tip for new players zone access: If you need to go somewhere and dont have any shrines unlocked in that zone check your guild rosters. You can travel to any online guildmate and it tells you which zone they are in. Its a great way to get to a zone you dont have access to yet. Note: If its a DLC zone you will have to have eso+ or own the DLC first, which should unlock a shrine anyway.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on April 8, 2018 2:26PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense its not an quest, its an reward for doing an random dungeon.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

* The tip board and DB contracts do not give the box as they can be repeated multiple times a day. Pledges are a waste of time.

* The vvardenfell quests that unlock the dailies can be done in about an hour( assuming you also have to unlock the wayshrines to get to them),

* Two Clockwork city quests are by the wayshrine inside the brass fortress. One is a gather quest which is a bit time consuming because CWC doesnt have a lot to gather from and as part of the quest you have to run around one the multi level buildings for 10 minutes hunting for a certain item. It takes me nearly 30 minutes to do those two. Not really worth it.

* Pledges are the least efficient for getting boxes. Even the easiest dungeons take an average group15-30 minutes. Best case scenario, you are going to spend at least an hour for 3 pledges. You can do 2 to 4 times as many other dailies in the same amount of time.

*Fighters guild is also a poor choice. Even if you have all shrines unlocked and you get a good zone like auridon your going to spend 20-30 minutes for a single quest. You can do all 4 in the gold coast in the same time frame.Note: the gold coast quest are 2 per day but its easy to get shares for the other two that you didnt get.

*Mages guild and Undaunted quests are ok. Undaunted is delves. Mage guild is public dungeons, so if your not a strong fighter, it may take you a bit to get through the dungeon to get the quest.

* You can do up to 26 dailies in vvardenfell, if you get in a quest group( you will likely need a group for the WB anyway unless your really talented). 14 from the ashlander tribes by ald' ruhn on the west side of the mountain.12 from the halls of justice. To get access to the HoJ quests you have to start a quest given to you by an NPC on the road outside of seyda neen. This takes you down the road a bit into a tomb you have to run through and then to vivec palace, then to one of the cantons, back to vivec palace. after you complete that quest there will be a quest on noticeboards( posters). This opens the HOJ dailies. For the ashlander. you talk to an elf right outside ald' ruhn by a fence. You have to go collect some things from the coast line and put them on shrines around the village, go in a tomb just north of the village and then talk to the quest giver in the center of the village. After that you seem to hit a dead end. Now you need to go to the urshilaku camp which is all the way north of Ald' ruhn on the north coast and slightly left. Talk to an elf sitting on a box there.... the one on the left, not that one ranting to the right as you walk in the camp. Then go back to ald'ruhn and talk to a woman in the tent there. Now your dailies are unlocked. One will be across the fire pit of where you just turned in that quest. The other is a bit further down the path to the wayshrine on the left of the path in one of those two tents.

Tip for new players zone access: If you need to go somewhere and dont have any shrines unlocked in that zone check your guild rosters. You can travel to any online guildmate and it tells you which zone they are in. Its a great way to get to a zone you dont have access to yet. Note: If its a DLC zone you will have to have eso+ or own the DLC first, which should unlock a shrine anyway.

Great post!

I do think you were a little hard on the Mages Guild quests.
    • First, there's no requirement to actually do the skill point fight. You just have to go to its location, and in most (not all) cases you can do that without actually triggering the fight.
    • Second, there often will be other people who clear the trash mobs along the way. In particular, that was very much the case in the story below.

I just started a new character for this event. He actually got the skill point for Crow's Wood, solo, at Level 7, ditto for Vile Manse at Level 8, almost ditto (there was somebody else in the fight) for Razak's Wheel at Level 9, and shortly thereafter for Rulanyil's Fall and Lion's Den.

By way of comparison, doing Mages Guilds quests at a level where you can get them is no big deal at all. :) Of course, in saying that I'm making one huge assumption, namely that we're talking about a weaker character on an established account. E.g., I'm max CP, and I know my way pretty well around Tamriel.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Great post!

• First, there's no requirement to actually do the skill point fight. You just have to go to its location, and in most (not all) cases you can do that without actually triggering the fight.
    • Second, there often will be other people who clear the trash mobs along the way. In particular, that was very much the case in the story below.

I just started a new character for this event. He actually got the skill point for Crow's Wood, solo, at Level 7, ditto for Vile Manse at Level 8, almost ditto (there was somebody else in the fight) for Razak's Wheel at Level 9, and shortly thereafter for Rulanyil's Fall and Lion's Den.

By way of comparison, doing Mages Guilds quests at a level where you can get them is no big deal at all. :) Of course, in saying that I'm making one huge assumption, namely that we're talking about a weaker character on an established account. E.g., I'm max CP, and I know my way pretty well around Tamriel.

All Mage Guild quests take you to the group fight location of a public dungeon, though you might wait 5-10 minutes if the boss isn't active. Besides the skill point, the quest is also worth two books of MG xp. After writs, if you have any characters that need to level those guild lines, I recommend MG and Undaunted dailies.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Great post!

Exactly, i was no cp not to many months ago and i couldnt make it past the first group in public dungeons. Event boxes are about efficiency, so if you struggle with groups of mobs, mages guild isnt a good choice. You can use invis pots and sneak to get where you need to go but that is a lot more effort.

I have no issue doing public dungeons on my characters now( just above 300 cp) even in crappy gear. There are easier options which should be explored first if your not that good at dungeons. I would say gold coast is the most efficient after writs not much porting/loading with those quests and so many people running them in groups that you can get credit by just being in group and relatively close. Which makes them go a lot faster than if you solo them.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    for gold coast Dailies to open is there some story quests or zone quests I'm supposed to do first? I know one of them is the arena which for some reason I can get on my sorc but not on my dk yet but I'm unsure which quests I've done on one but not the other.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    for gold coast Dailies to open is there some story quests or zone quests I'm supposed to do first? I know one of them is the arena which for some reason I can get on my sorc but not on my dk yet but I'm unsure which quests I've done on one but not the other.

No. I've done some or al of the dailies on characters who have no conceivable prerequisite.