The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Back on the Motif Hunt. How many you finish off during event.

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I’ve had a 9 trait crafter for a very long time. I stopped really collecting motifs since the alliance ones came out. Not sure how I got hooked back into it, but I’ve ripped through a little over 1 1/2 mil gold the past 2 weeks...and I still don’t have them all. There are so freaking many motifs out there it’s crazy.

Finished off 9 motif books

Abbas watch
Assassin’s league
Akavari
Trinimac
Malacath
Yokudan
Dragur
Order of the Hour
Apostle

Some left just need a few more pages. It would be good if you could see them all in the crafting achievements. Someone pointed me to the lorebook section. I didn’t remember they were all there. I think they’re all there?

I’ve never been so broke my whole time in ESO lol. It is great for the outfit system, but it really exposes how bad the trader system is. It so desperately needs a better search function. Even if it just broke down gear type it would be sooo much better.

Also, there’s over 100 flipping traders to sift through. This can be a bit overwhelming.

Remember there’s no add ons for console. Heck, not even a companion app.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a whole lot of firsts from a bunch of random motifs I never considered collecting.

Since both my trade guilds lost their traders this week I am going to have to go on a shopping spree to support them.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guildstore allows you to filter known and unknown motifs in your searches.

Craftstore shows you a screen with the motifs that you still need on your crafter. You can set one character as the main and any other character on that account will track the unknown motifs for that character letting you know which ones you should keep.

Need15APR18.PNG

Also the event is still happening, if you weren't aware. So you can still get boxes. They don't show up in the reward window however.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The motifs are also in your achievements journal. They're split up a bit (base game motifs all under general crafting, dlc motifs like Silken Ring or Dreadhorn under their DLC tab, and Morrowind motifs under the Morrowind tab). I think the only ones not in the achievements tab, and rightly so, are the 2 crown store exclusives.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    I've only finished one. I got the full worm cult book on an alt last night. I could have sold it and one person offered 30-40 motifs for it, and I almost took it. But I only had like 2 pieces for this whole time so I learned it on my main.

Dozens of other pages and I'm going to check this weekend to see how close I am on some.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    The motifs are also in your achievements journal. They're split up a bit (base game motifs all under general crafting, dlc motifs like Silken Ring or Dreadhorn under their DLC tab, and Morrowind motifs under the Morrowind tab). I think the only ones not in the achievements tab, and rightly so, are the 2 crown store exclusives.

If you've finished the Mages' Guild quest line and unlocked the "Lore Library" under the Journal tab, it will list all the style books together in the very first section, and you can see which specific pages you're missing. This saves from jumping between all the DLC's looking for the achievements.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, my main crafter just needed to finish up Mazzatun, Silken Ring, Bloodforge and Dreadhorn, however I got a wild hair up my rear recently, to complete EVERYTHING on my main character, so...

I started a little over a month ago, and while the going was slow, this event made all the difference! To-date, I've completed 1744 quests which have yielded 387 motif chapters. I learned the ones that I needed, and traded or sold the ones that I didn't. I now know all styles except for Soul Shriven, which I'm currently grinding my way through Caldwell's Silver (1/2 way through) for, and Militant Ordinator, which I am currently grinding AP (sitting just north of 2.5 million) for.

I figured that I can wrap up Soul Shriven and Militant Ordinator in the next week or so! Definitely excited!
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished

Morag Tong
    Dreadhorn
    Bloodforge

and of course, WC

Now, the only motif I do not have is that Stalhrim one. Everything else is done.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    Do Soul Shriven books sell? I've got two complete ones. I presumed everyone got them if they completed silver.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do Soul Shriven books sell? I've got two complete ones. I presumed everyone got them if they completed silver.

These are bound. Only available for your characters to use.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    order hour, minotaur, byouant armiger, worm cult and 8-9 of everything else.

Before the db & tg events I had never learned a single motif besides the free blue ones lol.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The motif prices have steadily dropped over the course of the event. I suggest buying pages of the rare and stupidly rare motifs. Sure, ashlander can be found for 2-3k on guild traders, down from 5-10k, but Armiger has dropped from a couple hundred grand to 30-50k.

The repricers are buying up the cheapest ones like crazy. Once the event ends and the supply dries up, everything will normalize to maybe 2/3 of the pre-event value for a month or two and then bounce up to stupid high again.

So, morag tong, Armiger, mazzatun, bloodforge, dreadhorn, and so on.

Maybe worm cult.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got worm cult. Finished all. Now the wait for the next update and another 4 :/
  • Nocturnal_Annoyance
    Had them all before the event and finished worm by day 4. At this point, I'm just hoarding them :)
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Had them all before the event and finished worm by day 4. At this point, I'm just hoarding them :)

Same here! I'm going to hang on for the prices to drift back up after the event.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finished worm, apostle, ebowshadow. got a whole bunch of ones i already have which ill trade or sell to complete what i still need. there are plenty of what i need for sale and they are great prices right now, but i'm watching my gold at the moment getting ready to buy the cold harbor land….
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still need 4 more on WC and 3 on BA. Have more than that of duplicates so hopefully I can make some trades. I wish WC chests wasn't so crazy in price. I've got 4 extra axes and no chest.

@feric51 Thanks for the tip. That's big for trading but maybe even bigger for master writs. I've been scrolling so much it's ridiculous.
  • MountainRespect
    Even during. This event I can’t find the one that I want which a Minotaur chests. I have gotten very many though and made quite a bit of gold off of the worm cult ones.
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    Got 10 new motifs this morning. Two shy of completing celestial. Legs..and something else I forget. Really close on several others. Going to keep doing writs daily for the gold to buy what im missing before Sommerset
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Motifs I did not know coming into the Event were Militant Ordinator and Worm Cult. Still don't know Militant, may never learn that one. I had spent a couple of million learning the last few motifs before the nerf to drop rates.

Now I have more than 250 Motif Chapters to sell off, will hold off for a few weeks before I feed those into the market.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The only Motifs I did not know coming into the Event were Militant Ordinator and Worm Cult. Still don't know Militant, may never learn that one. I had spent a couple of million learning the last few motifs before the nerf to drop rates.

Now I have more than 250 Motif Chapters to sell off, will hold off for a few weeks before I feed those into the market.

Same boat as you Nestor. I think I have 4/14 Militant Ordinator chapters learned so far. As I don't PvP, I will have to finally break down and pony up some gold to some of my Cyrodil-dwelling guildmates and convert buy the chapters for their AP.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA