The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can I tell somehow that an add-on made me disconnect?

Bevik
Bevik
✭✭✭✭
As in title. I got many times disconnects during the loading after a character select. Pretty sure it's an add-on. I'm using lot of add-ons. Would be nice if I can trace back which add-ons are putting heavy loads during the logging in stage. Also would be nice to add an option like delayed add-on load? So I can log in pretty fast but will still take a minute to get the add-ons ready.
Edited by Bevik on April 22, 2018 3:44PM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are using Master Merchant, you may want to set the option to delay loading it until after your character loads.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're running Master Merchant, the issue is that Master Merchant is trying to load its data at the same time the world is loading. This causes you to take a long time to load, to the point where you essentially time out.

There is an option to delay initialization in Mater Merchant, but since you're already stalling out, it takes a little more work to turn it on. You'll need to remove your MM data files from your Saved Variables, load in the game, turn on delay initialization, load out of the game, and then replace your data files.

If you aren't running Mater Merchant, please post what add-ons you have, as it will help us help you better. :wink:

Edit to add: you can also turn on Delay initialization without moving your data files by opening the main MM saved Variable file and searching for "delay init". Change the value to "true". I can't stress enough that you must be fully logged out of the game when you do this, though. Because the game writes to your Saved variables upon reload/logout, if you're in the game the edit will get written over.

Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Setting MM to delay at logging in solved the time out for now, going to need some days to see the time out completely stopped or not. (I thought I had that turned on to be honest)

Yet it would be still nice to see/check somehow the loads of the add-ons. Which affects heavily on loading and which not.
    I know you can read the max load in MBs as Info Panel add-on showing it already and I have like 500-700 MB after logged in and going up to 1200+ MB after everything is properly loaded with MM.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    The likeliest culprits will be the ones that load the most data. Some addons like MM are spread over several files.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author