The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO Crown Sale will miss the Tax Refund window

AzeleaRed
AzeleaRed
Soul Shriven
Oh well ... I guess the money burning a whole in my pocket can go somewhere else.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute, WHAT Crown Sale?! O.o

Is there going to be a Crown Sale soon or something?
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on April 18, 2018 4:18AM
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's a tax refund window in only one country. I guarantee every country has different tax dates.
    Options
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Well, it's a tax refund window in only one country. I guarantee every country has different tax dates.

Even if this is the case, it's a tax refund in one of the top spending countries on Earth so you understand the point OP is making without having to say this. It's still a valid point regardless.

OP, ZOS used to offer crown sales like once every few months when the game launched. They were practically begging to sell crowns because the crown store had very little in it and not nearly as many people were purchasing them. Now they don't care to offer sales as often because it was never about customer satisfaction or appreciation to them, it was about trying to get a failing digital store to catch on. They eventually acquired a larger install base and began offering more things in the store (plus scam crates) so they no longer need the influx of sales like they did in the past. I wouldn't expect a sale more than once or twice a year. They love the marketing ploy of creating false scarcity. The best thing you can do is vote with your wallet unfortunately...that is the quickest way to get a company to listen.
    Edited by Soul_Marrow on April 18, 2018 11:15AM
    Options
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭

There are other countries?

Options
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »

No, just murica
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention, some people might have already gotten their refunds. I always do my taxes beginning of February.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are things I would have purchased if I'd had the crowns, but I stocked up at Christmas and they haven't gone on sale since. The crown prices for things are honestly too high even with crowns purchased at a discount, so they will get no more money from me until my sub runs out in 4 months or a crown sale.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
    Options
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for Godot :)

This crown non-sale is getting on my nerfs (just kidding) but no way I'm buying them at full price ;)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, according to the majority of generic posts on this forum. We are all on PC and all in the US.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • HazardousMetal
    What sale? Did I miss something?
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those in the US that get refunds they usually file pretty early to get their money,
    Those of us that have to pay wait until the last minute :)
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My takeaway is that OP's world has mirrors instead of windows. And he's a procrastinator.

Also, what crown sale?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • AgentRed
    AgentRed
    I was really wishing they would have a sale during their anniversary and for tax returns I would have bought a lot D:
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Lol, according to the majority of generic posts on this forum. We are all on PC and all in the US.

That's so true. The best posts are the ones that are super generic with a problem easily addressed on PC with add-ons and then only later go "I'm on console..."

Its why I like to specify PC/NA Vivec when I talk about PVP, because EU and all the other platforms exist too.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 22, 2018 1:17AM
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Americans have it so tough. Maybe we could swap and you could have my ping.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    For those in the US that get refunds they usually file pretty early to get their money,
    Those of us that have to pay wait until the last minute :)

Not always.

"ALL ABOARD! Last train to Procrastination Station!"

Edit: Then there is the typical government "hurry up and wait".
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 22, 2018 1:38PM
    Options