The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

login error on PTS no connection to Steam! i dont have steam..

immozz01
immozz01
✭✭✭
unable to initialize connection to steam, well i dont have steam, how to fix this? cant get on PTS anymore, i was earlier today somehow
  • thekaless
    thekaless
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem :(

I don't have the option to write my login information, it's just a button that says "login" and when I click it, I get the message that I can't get a connection to Steam, and that I should make sure I launch the game from Steam and try again.
    I bought the game directly and not through Steam, so what am I supposed to do ;-;
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are getting the message "unable to initialize connection to steam" when you don't own ESO through Steam, please contact customer support to open a ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    seems that it works when you make a shortcut on desktop through the launcher and open that as an admin you get to PTS.

if im not the only one having this, why refer to customer support? just answer people on forum so others can refer to that in stead of needing to wait days for answers from support
    Options