The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Seriously? Xbox Locking up almost every hour

ShadowWolf44
ShadowWolf44
✭✭✭
Is this seriously the way ZOL is going to keep treating Xbox One users? Is this a push to force people to get the Xbox One X by Microsoft? Some of us can't AFFORD a new Xbox. I pre-ordered the new expansion, but now I'm thinking this is just stupidity. This lock-up crap has been going on for YEARS now. The company REFUSES to address it. Why is that? Do you think we are clueless about lawyers? The GAME IS DAMN NEAR UNPLAYABLE now. Today, I locked-up 5 times, and I've only been playing a few hours. It's getting WORSE..and this right after maint.

Do NOT give me this crap about "maybe Xbox can't handle it, it was DESIGNED, supposedly, FOR the Xbox One. I'm only using 30% of my HD. Where is my DIGITAL copy, I supposedly get with my Pre-order of the new expansion? I've not seen it. Maybe, if the game was played directly off the HD, and not dependent on the disk, the issue could be resolved. Has anyone even BOTHERED to think about this?

This is insane. I've read dozens of posts from all over the web, about people having this issue, many have quit. Is that our option? ZOL is too damn lazy to FIX THE PROBLEM? If I don't get answers about this soon, I WILL be looking into legal action. You can NOT develop a game for a specific platform, and then, just blow your customers off while they beg you for answers. I mean...a couple YEARS, and NO Fix?

Now, if there IS some fix that I've been unable to find, which I find doubtful, but stuff happens, I apologize. I don't think I've missed anything, however. But this is just plain stupidity. You charge the most outrageous amounts for pixel garbage in this game, stuff that, if the game ended tomorrow, would be worthless. Totally. So I KNOW ZOL is making massive amounts of cash. Maybe you could put some of that into a few more servers to help DEAL WITH this issue.

I had almost NO issues, until I created a 2nd, then 3rd character. maybe this is where the issue is found. It happened in FFXI, as well as some other MMO's. All I know is this, I refuse to sit idly back, waiting for responses that never come. This issue MUST be addressed, and addressed NOW, not next week, not next year, NOW. People have been fighting this for WAY too long. The time to act, on BOTH our parts, is NOW.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is your issue when your screen freezes, makes a stuttering noise, and puts you at the Xbox dashboard?

Yeah there is nothing we can do to fix this on our ends.

When an Xbox game crashes in this matter, there is a coding error. When i first started playing this game on Xbox, this was the first issue i noticed as it happened multiple times a day. So after ZoS support was no help I went and called Xbox Support. They then told me about how my crashes were coding errors so there is nothing Microsoft can do about that and I needed to contact the game developers.

So I have done that, I have mentioned the crashes 1001 times on here and how they have gotten worse since Dragon Bones.

Here's the thing, the Xbox crashes are the most ignored issue on these forums. I have never seen any of the crashing threads acknowledged by any ZoS employee. Why? My guess is because they know it would be too drastic of an undertaking to fix. The fact of the matter is, the Xbox port of this game came with bad code that never got fixed. Until they actually set aside some employee time to go back and fix the code, we will continue to crash. Every. Single. Damn. Day. Multiple times. My advice would be to learn to deal with it as I have or just quit playing. That's not to say it doesn't frustrate me to no end still but I live with it cause I want to keep playing the game. Tells you how good this game would actually be if they could fix the game-breaking issues.
  • ShadowWolf44
    ShadowWolf44
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, that makes sense. I think the reason it get's ignored, is the simple fact that Microsoft WANTS it ignored. They want people to move up, one more time, to their next platform level. The things they do are bordering on criminal- ie creating the Xbox One, yet making sure EVERY accessory that people bought for their 360's, even if only a week or two old, is now totally and completely obsolete. This is how Bill Gates continues to clime the multi-billionaire ladder.

I guess the thing that bugs me the most, is this: Only a few do in-depth searching for causes/solutions, such as myself, you and maybe a small handful of others, the rest, I guess, are either too damn lazy, don't care they are getting screwed, or have no issues financially, so they just remain imbecilic and programmed.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Not sure if you have more than one charc., but I do know that I only had this lock-up issue happen once, in over a year, when I just had one. My main charc. I created, WAS stuck in the damn Coldharbor loading screen for almost 2 YEARS. Ended up being a Morrowwind issue, which you probably heard of. I just got it out about 2 months ago...when i did, the lock-ups began a steady climb higher. Then with the "bones" release, as you said, it seems to be a little worse...but when I created my 3rd? That's when it really began, what I'm dealing with now.

Oh, Btw ZOS, thanks for that "XP 1hr, 50% boost" scroll. It really "soothed my ills", after having a character stuck in a loading screen for so long.

I'll keep going, I'm sure. However, I will also NOT stop on this issue, until someone get's off their ass and ACTS. We'll call this "Xbox Discrimination". I'm thinking ALL NEW SYSTEMS for those unfairly affected by this act of total and complete laziness.

(ps, almost forgot to ask...does Zeni get pissed off? Strange, I've stopped getting armor motifs in my "Aniversary gift boxes". Very strange, indeed).
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    The issue is you have a Xbox...
  • ShadowWolf44
    ShadowWolf44
    ✭✭✭
    No, the issue is I'm disabled and cannot play on a computer anymore. So, the issue is a company that put out a game for a given platform, then decided to abandon all those who bought the game for that platform, expecting it to function as promised. THAT, is the issue.