The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Valid Internet Connection?

Pristia
Pristia
✭✭
After being away for over a year, I decided to come back to see what has happened in my absence, unfortunately, I can't get into the game. I get to the char select, choose, hit OK, and wait for the game to tell me it cannot connect to the game servers please make sure you have a valid internet connection. I can play all other online games, and join a party just fine. My PS4 is in the DMZ, which should open all ports. I played all 7 of my chars fine a year ago. I have put in a support ticket which has gone unanswered, so I figured I would post here. Anyone have any ideas? I have followed all the tech suggestions mentioned in the connections issue section to no avail. I was going to buy Morrowind, but if I can't even get into the game, whats the point.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pristia wrote: »
    After being away for over a year, I decided to come back to see what has happened in my absence, unfortunately, I can't get into the game. I get to the char select, choose, hit OK, and wait for the game to tell me it cannot connect to the game servers please make sure you have a valid internet connection. I can play all other online games, and join a party just fine. My PS4 is in the DMZ, which should open all ports. I played all 7 of my chars fine a year ago. I have put in a support ticket which has gone unanswered, so I figured I would post here. Anyone have any ideas? I have followed all the tech suggestions mentioned in the connections issue section to no avail. I was going to buy Morrowind, but if I can't even get into the game, whats the point.

Run diagnostics on your ps4 internet connection.

The biggest thing you want to make sure is that you have an open nat connection.

If you don't that's probably causing the issue. I had the same issue when I was running wirelessly. Port forwarding and a wired connection fixed the issue. Port forward what ps4 recommends for their play services on your router. I know my router had a preset for Xbox live so that made things really simple.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    I run wireless so I can't do better than a NAT 2, which never made a difference when I played before, as far as port forwarding, I put my PS4 in the DMZ as to open everything, and my internet connection is great, like I said, this is the only game I have trouble with.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run wireless so I can't do better than a NAT 2, which never made a difference when I played before, as far as port forwarding, I put my PS4 in the DMZ as to open everything, and my internet connection is great, like I said, this is the only game I have trouble with.

Yeah nat 2 will make this game crap itself. Also make sure you don't have any weird firewall stuff going on in your router.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    I guess they have done something to the game, I played all through the PC beta, then did the transfer to PS4, and played for ever with the same setup, no problems at all. I guess I'm screwed, as my router is wide open on the PS4, and I can't run a hard wire to the console, really sucks that they would make it like this.

Albert Einstein
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they have done something to the game, I played all through the PC beta, then did the transfer to PS4, and played for ever with the same setup, no problems at all. I guess I'm screwed, as my router is wide open on the PS4, and I can't run a hard wire to the console, really sucks that they would make it like this.

I'm just stating from personal experience that wireless never worked for me. I also have very slow dsl connection. If that's not your case then it's probably something else. I have had my game file get corrupted and do similar things too. Might need to bite the bullet and start with a virgin copy of the game if you haven't done so already.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the only thing I haven't tried is to delete and reinstall the game, I guess that's the next step. :(

Albert Einstein
  • renobizarro
    renobizarro
    Soul Shriven
    this happens to me too, i bought the game and have not been able to play, i can play gtav, neverwinter, elite dangerous and other online games, but ESO just kicks me out all time, i was stuck into a cave for at least 2 hours, everytime i clicked the door the loading screen appears and the server kicks me. i was able to play that way (with the server kicking me out) up to level 5 o 4... then i got bored and went back to neverwinter... sony says i can't get a refund because i already downloaded the game and opened it.
  • renobizarro
    renobizarro
    Soul Shriven
    i forgot to mention that i have an Optical fiber 100mb download and 100mb upload, and i live alone so nobody else connects to my network.
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    The only difference between NAT 1 and NAT 2 is NAT 2 means your network is open but you are using a router. NAT 1 is open network directly connected to modem. Everyone uses a router unless you literally only own a PS4 and don’t use the internet for any other device. You probably need to delete your game and download a fresh install and I’m sure your game will login appropriately.
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    Update - I have had all my equipment upgraded by my ISP, and have been given a new public IP address, and all is working now. Something was wrong with my previous IP address, as when bypassing the router and connecting directly, I had no internet, but put the router back in the picture, and internet was fine. My ISP couldn't explain it, neither could I, so they upgraded everything and gve me a fresh IP, and I am back in business. Thank all of y'all for you help and input, was really appreciated.

Albert Einstein
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm to late, just saw message.

Question. how do I put my ps4 on dmz? I'm getting nat 2 also.

Also I would like to recommend a ethernet powerline adapter. In case you not want use WiFi. But this plugs to outlet (get one that has outlet built on the powerline Adapter) just plug ethernet to. Buy one that has 2 in package. You'll need it. I've got them for myself and love it. I could show if interested.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on April 29, 2018 2:53PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.