Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help with Nirnhoned

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure if the info online is up-do-date anymore, but I'm at a loss on how to acquire gear to research.

I do know Craglorn has been changed to acquire the mats, but I received many of these through dailies and event give aways.

What I don't have are the weapons and armor with the traits. I looked in a few stores, but no one seems to be selling them, leaving me to believe all things Nirnhoned has been abandoned (makes sense with the new drop sets).

So how does this new system work with new players? Any tips on how to get the traits needed to research? I truly don't want to spend tons of gold acquiring the gear, but if it's the only way, I suppose I'll just have to spend a few days stealing, which I do anyway. ;)

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh, one note: none of my alts have been to Craglorn yet, save one who was invited to Dragonstar Arena. No quests done in the area (map unexplored).
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get exactly one item with nirnhoned trait from finishing the upper craglorn quest line. One random item.

The rest you have to buy from other players. Ask in zone chat in the major hubs.
    Edited by Leandor on April 19, 2018 12:55PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild traders are your answer. Or you can ask some crafter to make you nirnhoned gear for research.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks for the info. Seems the online stuff is up to date.

*sigh*

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks for the info. Seems the online stuff is up to date.

*sigh*
    If you have the nirncrux, you can usually get the items for researching for free or for 1000 gold or less each, at least here on PC-EU.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the crafters on console, but in my guilds many crafters, myself included, will make nirnhoned items for research for free as long as you give the crafter the nirncrux. I've even done it for people who ask in zone chat; as long as they give me the nirncrux, I make the item.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll ask my guild members for help (once I figure out how to do it).

It's amazing how much this game has changed to the point I want MOAR from it. :smiley: