Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

End game advise

adilesarub14_ESO
So after a very long time I got the ESO fever again and this time I want to give end game a try. Up till now I've mostly been doing story quests, I haven't done PvP or dungeons in a VERY long time and need some advice. I'm playing on Xbox One and currently am CP 256.

First, I'm wondering how important is gear when doing group dungeons, using the group finder. I was about to craft myself a new armor set for my Templar (was considering Seducer Heavy Armor) when I realized how much Rubedite CP 160 gear costs. So before I go wasting the mats on armor that just doesn't cut it, I wanted to know just how important it is for certain content. I know with enough players you can just Zerg everything to death, but what about content where you can't swarm everything? Can I just wing it if I'm not trying to be the best of the best? If I want to change my armor later will it be difficult to find a good replacement set or get the back the mats I spent?

Who can tank better, DK or Templar? Originally I wanted to tank as my Templar, so all my skills are in Heavy Armor, but then I made a DK and realized he can tank too, so considering switching my Templar to healer. Will I get yelled at for being a Tank Healer?

What's the difference between dungeon rank(?) I & II and why should I strive for the higher one?

I've been trying to research this on my own but the more I do the more I feel ashamed at my casual status, so figured asking might be easier.

Also... how hard is it to become Emperor? XD
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @adilesarub14_ESO

Gear is one of the most important things on the game, with sub optimal gear you'll get railroaded :lol: Are you on Xbox EU? If you are I can get you a set crafted.

As for normal dungeons with a full team yes you can zerg most things to death, it will go quicker if everyone is specced properly but not neccessary.

Changing gear later is alright to do, if you need mats you'll either find them while travelling, decon a load of useless gear or buy them from guild traders (only silk is really pricey).

The difference between 1 & 2 is the difference between a mountain and a molehill, they're not really comparible. 1 is the easiest dungeons, then the un numbered non-dlc ones, then the 2 ones, then the DLC ones. However I'd rate some 2 more difficult than the DLC ones due to certain mechanics.

People prefer you to be a set role/class when doing dungeons, especially Vet dungeons, however for normal Pug's you do find pure damage dealers queueing as tanks to skip queue times, so yo'd be better than them :lol: DK is the Meta for tanking, Templar is the Meta for healing, but all classes are capable at doing anything, just might be hard to get into trial groups if you're specced 'wrong'.

Finally Emperor in the main campaign is pretty hard, in one of the side campaigns you could probably get it flipping all keeps etc but I'm not really a PvPer so I'll let someone else go into detail about this question.
    Edited by Sparr0w on April 18, 2018 12:32PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • adilesarub14_ESO
    I was afraid you'd say that. I'm in the US so sadly can't take you up on that offer. Guess I've got some work ahead of me, really wish end game crafting was easier :/

Hopefully I wont get yelled at during the basic dungeon runs until I can save up enough for enchantments :P

Thanks
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s address those one by one.

Gear

C160 gear is pretty important. Now...you say you don’t want to blow 1000 mats on a set, that’s understandable. You can definitely test a setup in c150 blue gear...that’s pretty cheap. See how it performs, then if the sets work go upgrade to c160 purple later.

A good set to start with would be Julianos over Seducer. It’s a versatile, pure dps set. You can be pretty confident that a c160 Julianos set will last, so this might be a first place to invest in c160 (but feel free to test in c150). I tend to make my weapons Julianos because ultimately you’ll want gold weapons...it’s a huge power boost. Gold Julianos staves are something I can always use.

Your c150 blue test setup won’t be strong enough for vet dungeons, but you should definitely be able to do normal.

CP

You’re a little low to be playing vet end game content. So keep earning those champion points! The good news is that the buffs in the tree are really, really front-loaded now (ie, the first point spent in a line provides fifty times the benefit of the 100th point spent in that line). This is helpful for you because it means that at 400 CPs you’ll be pulling about 85% as much power out of the trees as max cp toons. So you won’t suffer too much...but I think the next 150 you earn will unlock a lot of power. Note Alcasthq.com always offers a 300 cp allocation on every build. This could be useful for you.

Templar Tanking

Alcast has a health tank build. I’ve never approached my Templar this way. I think tanks are usually stamina characters, and you seem to reference magic sets. Are you using this character as a stam Templar

Dungeon Rank
    —-CORRECTION—-

The other commenter made a mistake. Undaunted dungeons have two difficulty levels, normal and vet. You set these in the social...group menu. (The group leader’s selection determines how a dungeon loads). Normal mode is pretty hard, but not horrible. You can totally take those on now. In fact, you could probably duo most of them...and eventually probably solo them (I do on my magplar).

But what you were referring to is how some dungeons are marked like “Elden Hollow 1” and “Elden Hollow 2.” This means that there are two parts to that dungeon’s “story,” or two quests to complete. You will encounter different monsters between the two variations, and maybe even some different areas. If a dungeon has two variations, each offers a skill point for completion.

Both versions of a dungeon can be completed on normal or vet difficulty. And if doing dailies, the quest givers will specify 1 or 2. In some cases, your character won’t see version 2 on your map rollover until you complete version 1. However, you can still group up and complete version 2 at any time...just portmin with your group and you’re good to go.

• adilesarub14_ESO
    I completely forgot about Julianos (praise be), last time I played I was going to make that but never got to it. Somehow I must have glanced over it this time around. No, not using a stam Templar, atr points are mostly in Magika. Originally I thought this game was very casual friendly and was gonna try a Tanky-healer build, now I'm not sure.

Ok, I knew about normal and Vet dungeons and assumed the 1 and 2 shown on the names was that, guess not.

Guess I'll keep getting those CP while trying out some of the normal dungeons, thanks.