The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing?

SoulSeekerUSA
SoulSeekerUSA
✭✭✭
In all of the ES games housing was absolutely huge. Where does it stand in ESO? I love how you could label and keep track of everything.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word on housing yet. If it's going to come, it's not coming in the near future.

It's difficult to implement housing in an MMO, as you can imagine.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • SoulSeekerUSA
    SoulSeekerUSA
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    No word on housing yet. If it's going to come, it's not coming in the near future.

What is ES without housing? If any MMO would have had this figured out and implemented you would think that it would have been this one.

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously not a priority with the bugs and many players having issues even launching the game. That said, housing is something i would like to see in a future content patch.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is ES without housing? If any MMO would have had this figured out and implemented you would think that it would have been this one.

Well, for all we know housing is already thought about and planned.
    The thing is, if something you think would be good hasn't been added into the game yet, there's usually a reason.
    There'll be a reason that there's no housing, even if that reason is that they haven't had time yet.
    Who knows...
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • SoulSeekerUSA
    SoulSeekerUSA
    ✭✭✭

Well, for all we know housing is already thought about and planned.
    The thing is, if something you think would be good hasn't been added into the game yet, there's usually a reason.
    There'll be a reason that there's no housing, even if that reason is that they haven't had time yet.
    Who knows...

True if you think outside of the usual ES games. But I would be happy with just my own house instanced with a lot of storage and other cool things. Guess I just don't see a reason to make it anymore than what it was in all the other ES games.
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with housing is item storage and stats. If you have off-line housing controlled by mods, then items you bring into your house have to be recorded so that players don't cheat.. problem is crafting. You take out raw materials and come back with a high level weapon, how does the game know you crafted it legitimately. Other problem is to have housing in game. Servers have to be expanded to keep track of all player property and allow for a lot of storage of items. Final Fantasy XIV has been trying to implement housing but still has only limited housing after a year of development.

I have been asking for housing since day 1 and have been told that Zenimax is working on it.
  • Vilified
    Vilified
    ✭✭
    I loved housing in previous games but I don't see it happening any time soon here. I'd love to see it implemented and who knows maybe someday it'll come in a major patch.
    Ayita of the Dominion
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    I fully expect housing to be added in a later expansion.

After all, that´s the reason why we´re subscribing. Right?

No F2P crap and a steady income instead, so that the Devs can actually crank out content and not poorly implemented grinds.
    Like a certain other game that still has no proper Guild mechanics more than a year after launch, although they have "Guild" in their frikken name! :p
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭

Rift has great housing and it was much cheaper to make then this

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too believe that housing would make for a better game, It's something that has become a part of TES, so why not online. Yes, I understand the complexity, but other MMO's do have it.

If I was to guess, I'd say it would be an update later on down the line, after broken quest fixes, console release and so on.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Catixie
    Catixie
    Soul Shriven
    Instanced housing where you can allow access for people would still be fine by me. There are other MMOs with housing so fingers cross for a future update
    I'm so clever even I can't figure out what I'm up to most of the time

Bixie-Templar
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    The way LotRO did housing will probably be similar to how ESO does it. Housing in a separate instanced zone, whit craftable decorations. I expect it to be somewhat similar to hearthstone for ES:V in that you buy a plot and gather ingredients to build a house and then decorate it.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That all seems very logical, I hope this is the case.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Beowulf_McCallum
    Beowulf_McCallum
    ✭✭✭
    In all of the ES games housing was absolute oy huge. Where does it stand in ESO? I love how you could label and keep track of everything.

For perspective, only 2 of the 5 main Elder Scrolls game have had housing. ... Not to say it shouldn't be a priority or isn't needed (it is) but TES isn't defined by housing... :)
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    In all of the ES games housing was absolute oy huge. Where does it stand in ESO? I love how you could label and keep track of everything.

For perspective, only 2 of the 5 main Elder Scrolls game have had housing. ... Not to say it shouldn't be a priority or isn't needed (it is) but TES isn't defined by housing... :)
    In Arena and Daggerfall you had housing in that you could take over a building and make it your own. The details in Arena are a bit sketchy as it has been nearly a decade since I last played it. But you could defiantly do this in Daggerfall. Morrowind and beyond all had better housing options that that.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭

Can it be THAT hard if Everquest I and II, LOTRO, Vanguard, Rift, Ultima Online, Anarchy Online, and even the java MMORPG Runescape all did it?

... and Everquest II, Dungeons and Dragons Online and LOTRO had guild halls.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 1, 2014 4:32AM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    To be fair , most of those were added in later via expansions.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Better to let them do something more useful for the game.
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly IMO RUNESCAPE was a fantastic mmo rpg..the more similar ESO is to runescape the better..then again its my opinion
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • khai
    khai
    ✭✭
    Two? I think you mean three of the five. Morrowind had the strongholds you could build for the Great Houses; Oblivion and Skyrim had buyable houses in the cities. It's legitimate to say it's an important part of the series. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Housing is something I've been suggesting in every beta feedback survey, and I know I'm not alone. Like others have said, I'm sure they're aware we want it. Bugs and playability have to come first though.
    Edited by khai on April 1, 2014 6:03AM
    You may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna put all the books in my collection on a book shelf :(
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er, many (most?) MMOs have housing .. the largest MMO in the world doesn't but they're dragging themselves into the 2010s with their next expac .. some do it a lot better than others but it's a very, very common feature.

• SoulSeekerUSA
    SoulSeekerUSA
    ✭✭✭
    Bob wrote: »
    Better to let them do something more useful for the game.

Some of us consider housing a very useful feature.

• S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you just want to go to your own little hole in the world, say "screw you Tamriel!" slam your front door, go eat a sweet roll, maybe make some horker stew and be antisocial for a while.

Someday... :'(
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see housing even if it worked exactly like other ES games and was just instanced to you when you used it. I'd have NO problem with that. I agree though housing should not have been an after thought in an ES MMO
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even Vanguard which was a horrible failure was able to successfully implement non-instanced housing. You had to stockpile the materials and build the house. Then furnish it with stuff you bought or crafted.

Difference was that it wasn't a mega server and the lots were modeled in from the start.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite